Kevin P. Gilday – Double Pamphlet Launch and Fundraiser 21 June, 2015
266 Bath Street, G2 4 JP
Come join Kevin P. Gilday for an evening of chilled out entertainment as he launches two new pamphlets upon an unsuspecting world. The night also doubles as a fundraiser to (hopefully) help fill the funding gap as Kevin takes his one man show to The Toronto Fringe Festival for 8 dates in July.
‘Notes From A Quarter-Life Crisis’ collects the poems from his debut show and his poetic travelogue ‘NYCEP’ while ‘The Man Who Loved Beer’ features all the pieces from that critically acclaimed show plus ‘The Man Who Came In From The Mud EP’
Both will be available to buy on the night for only £5 each, and for a limited time will come with a download code for the corresponding live album on Bandcamp.
There will be booze (of course), music and a set from Kevin featuring pieces from both pamphlets. But there will also be special guests:
The Creative Martyrs will be joining us to delight and intrigue with their unique brand of cabaret genius.
adullboy will be showing off his shiny new guitar as he regales us with tales of love, life and the incredible hulk.
And the supremely talented Cat Hepburn Poetry will be bringing her dynamic spoken word to the night.
And the best bit? It’s completely FREE! Of course a donation would be appreciated for a night of such top quality entertainment (but we’ll leave that up to you…).
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers
- Launch of Glasgow Historical City
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Petticoats and Pinnacles, NLS Kelvinhall
- Dove Tales: Home Front Celtic Connections 2020
- Jolly Beggars Banquet Cheeky Besom Productions
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Benny Lynch Heritage Trail, Calton Bar
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Periodical Publishing with Gerry Cambridge, Joy Hendry & Henry Bell
- Val McDermid Crime Writer – Creative Conversations
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End