Kevin P. Gilday – Double Pamphlet Launch and Fundraiser 21 June, 2015
266 Bath Street, G2 4 JP
Come join Kevin P. Gilday for an evening of chilled out entertainment as he launches two new pamphlets upon an unsuspecting world. The night also doubles as a fundraiser to (hopefully) help fill the funding gap as Kevin takes his one man show to The Toronto Fringe Festival for 8 dates in July.
‘Notes From A Quarter-Life Crisis’ collects the poems from his debut show and his poetic travelogue ‘NYCEP’ while ‘The Man Who Loved Beer’ features all the pieces from that critically acclaimed show plus ‘The Man Who Came In From The Mud EP’
Both will be available to buy on the night for only £5 each, and for a limited time will come with a download code for the corresponding live album on Bandcamp.
There will be booze (of course), music and a set from Kevin featuring pieces from both pamphlets. But there will also be special guests:
The Creative Martyrs will be joining us to delight and intrigue with their unique brand of cabaret genius.
adullboy will be showing off his shiny new guitar as he regales us with tales of love, life and the incredible hulk.
And the supremely talented Cat Hepburn Poetry will be bringing her dynamic spoken word to the night.
And the best bit? It’s completely FREE! Of course a donation would be appreciated for a night of such top quality entertainment (but we’ll leave that up to you…).
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party Postponed
- Keeping Time novel by Thomas Legendre
- Much Left Unsaid by Finola Scott – poetry
- Freddy Anderson, Afternoon of Literature, Poetry and Song
- Women Writers: Maria Marchinadu, Tracy Patrick and Eloise Oui
- Neu Reekie at Aye Write
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee
- Christie Williamson – Doors tae Naewye Launch at Express Yourself
- Remember Tom Leonard, CCA
- Ali Whitelock and Skye Loneragan – Scottish Writers Centre
- Aye Write: Ferlie Leed – The Rhymer on his Hoalidays
- Literary Legends Book Stall – International Women’s Week
- Books at the Botanics
- Aye Write 2020: Humans of Scotland