Kevin P. Gilday – Double Pamphlet Launch and Fundraiser 21 June, 2015
266 Bath Street, G2 4 JP
Come join Kevin P. Gilday for an evening of chilled out entertainment as he launches two new pamphlets upon an unsuspecting world. The night also doubles as a fundraiser to (hopefully) help fill the funding gap as Kevin takes his one man show to The Toronto Fringe Festival for 8 dates in July.
‘Notes From A Quarter-Life Crisis’ collects the poems from his debut show and his poetic travelogue ‘NYCEP’ while ‘The Man Who Loved Beer’ features all the pieces from that critically acclaimed show plus ‘The Man Who Came In From The Mud EP’
Both will be available to buy on the night for only £5 each, and for a limited time will come with a download code for the corresponding live album on Bandcamp.
There will be booze (of course), music and a set from Kevin featuring pieces from both pamphlets. But there will also be special guests:
The Creative Martyrs will be joining us to delight and intrigue with their unique brand of cabaret genius.
adullboy will be showing off his shiny new guitar as he regales us with tales of love, life and the incredible hulk.
And the supremely talented Cat Hepburn Poetry will be bringing her dynamic spoken word to the night.
And the best bit? It’s completely FREE! Of course a donation would be appreciated for a night of such top quality entertainment (but we’ll leave that up to you…).
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Calton Ceilidh Open Mic 14 December, 2021
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Interview with Evelyn Lawrie
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Community Ownership – Assets or Liabilities Online Discussion
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell
- Book Launch: Wild Women Of A Certain Age, Magi Gibson
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina
- Book Week Scotland: Writing Trumpet with Jackie Kay
- Book Week Scotland – Built Upon the Rock SWC
- COP26: A Radical Act of Love, Arborescence
- Calton Ceilidh anthology by Ruby McCann
- COP26: Towards Net Zero – speakers and discussion
- Climate Emergency Newsroom, University of Glasgow
- Samantha Walton Creative Conversations