Kevin P. Gilday – Double Pamphlet Launch and Fundraiser 21 June, 2015
266 Bath Street, G2 4 JP
Come join Kevin P. Gilday for an evening of chilled out entertainment as he launches two new pamphlets upon an unsuspecting world. The night also doubles as a fundraiser to (hopefully) help fill the funding gap as Kevin takes his one man show to The Toronto Fringe Festival for 8 dates in July.
‘Notes From A Quarter-Life Crisis’ collects the poems from his debut show and his poetic travelogue ‘NYCEP’ while ‘The Man Who Loved Beer’ features all the pieces from that critically acclaimed show plus ‘The Man Who Came In From The Mud EP’
Both will be available to buy on the night for only £5 each, and for a limited time will come with a download code for the corresponding live album on Bandcamp.
There will be booze (of course), music and a set from Kevin featuring pieces from both pamphlets. But there will also be special guests:
The Creative Martyrs will be joining us to delight and intrigue with their unique brand of cabaret genius.
adullboy will be showing off his shiny new guitar as he regales us with tales of love, life and the incredible hulk.
And the supremely talented Cat Hepburn Poetry will be bringing her dynamic spoken word to the night.
And the best bit? It’s completely FREE! Of course a donation would be appreciated for a night of such top quality entertainment (but we’ll leave that up to you…).
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Payback Claire MacLeary
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- A Celebration of Birds: Sharing stories, memories and hope
- Makar to Makar, Jackie Kay with Imtiaz Dharker and Suzanne Bonnar
- Life is too short online readings and recorded performances
- Historic Significance of Ellisland Farm, Centre for Robert Burns