In Conversation with Dean Atta and gainAgain
Wednesday, 24 February 2021 at 18:00 UTC
Join poet Dean Atta and artist gainAgain (Drew Taylor Wilson) for this special in conversation event, celebrating the Govanhill Queer Community Banner Project in honour of LGBT+ History month.
The banner weaves together words and imagery by the queer community about collective experiences, histories, relationships and life in Govanhill, creating a beautiful snapshot of the Glasgow Southside’s queer community and a recent piece of LGBTQIA+ history.
The project was delivered by Category is Books and Govanhill Baths Community Trust, with the banner exhibited last November across the windows of Category is Books and in the courtyard of The Deep End.
‘Thank you to the Equality Unit & LGBTI Recovery Fund for funding this event, and to Glasgow Life Arts Development Scheme who funded the Govanhill Queer Community Banner project.’
‘A special thank you to everyone who contributed words and imagery to the banner, and of course to Dean and Drew for all your work in bringing all of this beautiful work together and sharing it with us.’
This event will take place via Facebook Live.
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Local Food at COP26 – Open Meeting
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- It’s Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Women’s Work, Nature and the Colonies – Climate Change Screenings
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Eye of the Storm film by Anthony Baxter
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021