I Like Your Hat – book launch with Magi Gibson
27 November, 2020 7 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Free Online Event – Register
About this Event
Join Magi Gibson for an evening of poetry as she launches her new collection, I Like Your Hat.
A leading voice in Scottish poetry, Magi draws inferences from the little things in life (shopping for stationary, admiring a stranger’s hat, drinking tea with a friend) that affect the big issues in all our lives – growing older, poverty and loss. Her fresh evocative (and sometimes provocative) writing is both modern and timeless.
Joined by friends and fellow poets Ali Whitelock and Jenny Lindsay, Magi invites you for an evening of poetry that pulses with deep love, honesty, razor-sharp wit and humanity.
Hats essential. Clothes optional.
Please only book 1 ticket per device you wish to watch on, rather than 1 ticket per person attending. The Zoom link will be sent to you within the event confirmation email.
MAGI GIBSON is a poet, playwright and children’s author. An experienced reader and performer, Magi has appeared at most major book and literary festivals in Scotland. She founded and runs the Wild Women Writing Workshops, and lives in Glasgow with comic novelist and performer Ian Macpherson. She has three grown up children.
Podcast: Poet Magi Gibson Chats to Pat – Jim and Pat’s Wet End Chat, January, 2019
Ali Whitelock is a Scottish poet/writer living in Australia. She has written two poetry collections (the lactic acid in the calves of your despair (Wakefield Press, 2020) & and my heart crumples like a coke can (Wakefield Press) and a memoir (poking seaweed with a stick and running away from the smell). She is currently working on her second memoir.
Jenny Lindsay is one of Scotland’s best known spoken word performers. In December 2017, she was awarded the Creative Edinburgh Award for Leadership for her work in the spoken word sector and runs her organisation Flint & Pitch Productions. She is currently working on her first full-length play, a re-imagining of Julia from 1984 and her third poetry collection All of This is Ordinary.
- Book Launch: Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson
- Damian Barr, Creative Conversations
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- Echo GFT At Home
- David Attenborough ‘A Life On Our Planet’ film screening
- Creative Conversations: Anuradha Roy
- Creative Activism: 20th Anniversary of Scotland’s Repeal of Section 28
- Arracht – Glasgow Film Theatre at Home
- The Long Walk – GFT A Home
- Africa in Motion 2020
- Cambridge Literary Festival – Winter Festival Online
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Takeaway and Uber Eats
- French Film Festival 2020 – Online
- Big Book Week Scotland Quiz 2020
- P.M. Freestone at Creative Conversations
- Book Week Scotland 2020
- Real Bread Bakers – Screening and Discussion
- Book Week Scotland 2020: Glasgow Libraries
- Creative Conversations: Sandy NicDhòmhnaill Jones
- I Like Your Hat – book launch with Magi Gibson