Govanhill International Women’s Day 2020
6 March, 2020 10 a.m. – 3.30 p.m.
At The Point, 180 Queen’s Drive, G42 8QD
Govanhill will be celebrating International Women’s Day on Friday the 6th of March.
Local women will be marking the annual event with a day long programme of talks, workshops, arts activities and more. The event will highlight the truly international nature of the local area- the most diverse in Scotland. It will also celebrate the resilience of women, celebrate the struggle for equality, the fight against discrimination and violence against women.
The event will also launch the Women’s Health Network.
All women are welcome. This is a free event including a free Creche.
Brought to you in partnership with Govanhill Baths Community Trust, Crossroads Youth and Community Association, The Women’s Health Network- South Glasgow Health Improvement Team, Milk Cafe, Bike For Good, Aspire, The Simon Community, Pollokshields Development Agency and a wide range of community groups from Govanhill.
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Starchild Sunflower Sanctuary – Autism
- Sound & Vision Drive-In Summer 2020
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Black Lives Matter – Anti-Racism Community Reflection on Zoom
- Stuck in the Suburbs – Refuweegee
- ‘A Handful of Dates’ Africa in Motion Online
- The Atom: A Love Affair GFT watch online
- BAKOSÓ: AFROBEATS DE CUBA FILM – Africa in Motion
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Specialized Big Isofest
- Beatson puts fun into fundraising – online quizz
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End