Govanhill International Women’s Day 2020
6 March, 2020 10 a.m. – 3.30 p.m.
At The Point, 180 Queen’s Drive, G42 8QD
Govanhill will be celebrating International Women’s Day on Friday the 6th of March.
Local women will be marking the annual event with a day long programme of talks, workshops, arts activities and more. The event will highlight the truly international nature of the local area- the most diverse in Scotland. It will also celebrate the resilience of women, celebrate the struggle for equality, the fight against discrimination and violence against women.
The event will also launch the Women’s Health Network.
All women are welcome. This is a free event including a free Creche.
Brought to you in partnership with Govanhill Baths Community Trust, Crossroads Youth and Community Association, The Women’s Health Network- South Glasgow Health Improvement Team, Milk Cafe, Bike For Good, Aspire, The Simon Community, Pollokshields Development Agency and a wide range of community groups from Govanhill.
- Women Writers: Maria Marchinadu, Tracy Patrick and Eloise Oui
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
- Glasgow Window Art Festival – High Street and Saltmarket
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Literary Legends Book Stall – International Women’s Week
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Women Make Film
- Books at the Botanics
- International Women’s Day Glasgow 2020 – Bike for Good
- International Women’s Day 2020 Gathering and March Glasgow
- Govanhill International Women’s Day 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Our Ladies
- Glasgow Film Festival: Romantic Comedy + Live Score by Summer Camp
- Befriending Food Experience, Games and Grub
- Stars for Starchild – In Memory of Rony Bridges
- Days of the Bagnold Summer Glasgow Film Festival
- Bacurau, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Parasite (black and white version announced)
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Rocks
- Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece
- Country Strand at Glasgow Fllm Festival 2020 – Iceland Northern Shining Lights