Govanhill International Women’s Day 2020
6 March, 2020 10 a.m. – 3.30 p.m.
At The Point, 180 Queen’s Drive, G42 8QD
Govanhill will be celebrating International Women’s Day on Friday the 6th of March.
Local women will be marking the annual event with a day long programme of talks, workshops, arts activities and more. The event will highlight the truly international nature of the local area- the most diverse in Scotland. It will also celebrate the resilience of women, celebrate the struggle for equality, the fight against discrimination and violence against women.
The event will also launch the Women’s Health Network.
All women are welcome. This is a free event including a free Creche.
Brought to you in partnership with Govanhill Baths Community Trust, Crossroads Youth and Community Association, The Women’s Health Network- South Glasgow Health Improvement Team, Milk Cafe, Bike For Good, Aspire, The Simon Community, Pollokshields Development Agency and a wide range of community groups from Govanhill.
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables
- West End Festival 2021
- Govan Stones Music Festival
- Parents and Toddlers Outside, Woodside Garden, Maryhill
- Riverside Festival 2021
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Bat Walk, Glasgow Green
- Local Food at COP26 – Open Meeting
- Glasgow Connects, Glasgow Science Festival 2021
- The Insect Embassy, Victoria Park