Govanhill International Women’s Day 2020
6 March, 2020 10 a.m. – 3.30 p.m.
At The Point, 180 Queen’s Drive, G42 8QD
Govanhill will be celebrating International Women’s Day on Friday the 6th of March.
Local women will be marking the annual event with a day long programme of talks, workshops, arts activities and more. The event will highlight the truly international nature of the local area- the most diverse in Scotland. It will also celebrate the resilience of women, celebrate the struggle for equality, the fight against discrimination and violence against women.
The event will also launch the Women’s Health Network.
All women are welcome. This is a free event including a free Creche.
Brought to you in partnership with Govanhill Baths Community Trust, Crossroads Youth and Community Association, The Women’s Health Network- South Glasgow Health Improvement Team, Milk Cafe, Bike For Good, Aspire, The Simon Community, Pollokshields Development Agency and a wide range of community groups from Govanhill.
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021
- Hillhead Summer Arts Academy 2021
- Mansfield Park Street Festival 2021
- Vinicombe Street Gala 2021
- Touring Scotland – Pop Up Opera 2021
- 100 Years of the Barras Photography Exhibition
- Scottish Books Long Weekend
- Contemporary Quilt Group, The Auld Kirk
- Sheffield Doc Festival 2021 at GFT
- Aye Write on Demand 2021
- Refugee Festival Scotland 2021
- Riverside Festival Glasgow 2021 – Online
- Glasgow Jazz Festival 2021
- ProjectAbility – Online Exhibition ‘Altered Space’
- Slow Nature Walk, Woodlands Community
- Aye Write 2021 – Celebrating 40 Years of Lanark
- Maytime Litter Pick, Partick Action on Litter
- Aye Write 2021 – Brit Bennett chaired by Nicola Sturgeon