Govanhill International Women’s Day 2020
6 March, 2020 10 a.m. – 3.30 p.m.
At The Point, 180 Queen’s Drive, G42 8QD
Govanhill will be celebrating International Women’s Day on Friday the 6th of March.
Local women will be marking the annual event with a day long programme of talks, workshops, arts activities and more. The event will highlight the truly international nature of the local area- the most diverse in Scotland. It will also celebrate the resilience of women, celebrate the struggle for equality, the fight against discrimination and violence against women.
The event will also launch the Women’s Health Network.
All women are welcome. This is a free event including a free Creche.
Brought to you in partnership with Govanhill Baths Community Trust, Crossroads Youth and Community Association, The Women’s Health Network- South Glasgow Health Improvement Team, Milk Cafe, Bike For Good, Aspire, The Simon Community, Pollokshields Development Agency and a wide range of community groups from Govanhill.
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid
- Vivian French and The Giant’s Tea Party
- COP26 Global Event In Glasgow – Seeks Volunteers
- Fright Fest Glasgow Film Festival Online 2021
- Believe in Scotland Virtual Burns Supper
- A Virtual Burns Night Edinburgh Castle
- Janey Godley’s Big Burns Supper Online
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021 – Programme Announced
- Online Dance Club LGBTI Plus Elders – National Theatre of Scotland
- Opening Celebration Concert – Celtic Connections 2021 Online
- Announcement Full Programme Celtic Connections Online Festival 2021
- Hogmanay Live Event – ‘One singer one song’
- Carlton Studios Crowdfunder Saturdays FB Livestream
- Christmas Exhibition 2020 – Compass Gallery
- Refuweegee Festive Benefit Gig
- Opening Film and Closing Gala Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Virtual Santa Dash 2020