Glasgow Women’s Library, Launch Commonwealth Women Writers Book Section
Commonwealth Women Writers!
Thursday 27 November
Glasgow Women’s Library
A literary party to celebrate the launch of Glasgow Women’s Library’s newly-created section of books by Commonwealth Women Writers! As well as an amazing array of titles for borrowing from the shelves, enjoy short readings from authors and poets with roots in India, South Africa, Malaysia and Jamaica. With music from Kenyan-born singer-songwriter, Genesee. From 1 – 3pm, Thursday 27th November.
With Debjani Chatterjee, Bashabi Fraser, Zoe Wicomb, Leela Soma, Velma McClymont and Chiew-Siah Tei.
Commonwealth-themed snacks too! FREE.
Landressy St, Glasgow, Lanarkshire G40 1BP
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Calton Ceilidh Open Mic 14 December, 2021
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Interview with Evelyn Lawrie
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Community Ownership – Assets or Liabilities Online Discussion
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell
- Book Launch: Wild Women Of A Certain Age, Magi Gibson
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina
- Book Week Scotland: Writing Trumpet with Jackie Kay
- Book Week Scotland – Built Upon the Rock SWC
- COP26: A Radical Act of Love, Arborescence
- Calton Ceilidh anthology by Ruby McCann
- COP26: Towards Net Zero – speakers and discussion
- Climate Emergency Newsroom, University of Glasgow
- Samantha Walton Creative Conversations