Glasgow Women’s Library, Launch Commonwealth Women Writers Book Section
Commonwealth Women Writers!
Thursday 27 November
Glasgow Women’s Library
A literary party to celebrate the launch of Glasgow Women’s Library’s newly-created section of books by Commonwealth Women Writers! As well as an amazing array of titles for borrowing from the shelves, enjoy short readings from authors and poets with roots in India, South Africa, Malaysia and Jamaica. With music from Kenyan-born singer-songwriter, Genesee. From 1 – 3pm, Thursday 27th November.
With Debjani Chatterjee, Bashabi Fraser, Zoe Wicomb, Leela Soma, Velma McClymont and Chiew-Siah Tei.
Commonwealth-themed snacks too! FREE.
Landressy St, Glasgow, Lanarkshire G40 1BP
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- Fury by David Morley – Carcanet Press Online Book Launch
- The History of Scottish Pen – Online
- Creative Conversations: Jemma Neville
- Creative Conversations: Nicholson Baker
- Creative Conversations: Andrew O’Hagan
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Kayus Bankole & Kei Miller: Edinburgh Book Festival
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Online
- Glasgow Women’s Library Bold Types Writing Competition
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Edinburgh Book Festival: Richard Holloway
- Celebrating Ten Years of Woodlands Community Garden
- Hannah Lavery, Govanhill Book Festival
- Edinburgh Book Festival – Kirstin Innes: Who is Clio Campbell?
- Edinburgh Book Festival James Tait Black Prizes
- Stuart Cosgrove, Govanhill Book Festival