Glasgow Women’s Library, Launch Commonwealth Women Writers Book Section
Commonwealth Women Writers!
Thursday 27 November
Glasgow Women’s Library
A literary party to celebrate the launch of Glasgow Women’s Library’s newly-created section of books by Commonwealth Women Writers! As well as an amazing array of titles for borrowing from the shelves, enjoy short readings from authors and poets with roots in India, South Africa, Malaysia and Jamaica. With music from Kenyan-born singer-songwriter, Genesee. From 1 – 3pm, Thursday 27th November.
With Debjani Chatterjee, Bashabi Fraser, Zoe Wicomb, Leela Soma, Velma McClymont and Chiew-Siah Tei.
Commonwealth-themed snacks too! FREE.
Landressy St, Glasgow, Lanarkshire G40 1BP
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.