Francesca Baird: Blogging about Autism: First Date
Autism and Dating: Chapter 6. First Date
Label Me: My Journey Towards an Autism Diagnosis
After the party at his place it didn’t take long for Steve, the security guard I fancied, to get in touch. He approached me on my next shift, claiming that he wanted to know how the remainder of the night went. I took much pleasure in telling him that I got into the club as I knew this would impress him and perhaps add to my allure. There was a silence as I contemplated what to say next. As I have already explained, I wasn’t a good conversationalist and had never previously been faced with this type of boy girl scenario. Fortunately, my thoughts were interrupted as he followed up his question with another, more significant one, “Do you want to go on a date?” I replied with a simple “yes, sure” and he promised to contact me with the plans.
I was happy with how the conversation had gone and did not want to ruin the progress we had made by engaging in further conversation. He texted me later that day to suggest a mid-week date at an Italian restaurant near our work. I couldn’t help but think to myself, I am going on a date with a security guard, older than me and with his own car…suck on that bully boy at school.
I put less effort into getting ready for the date than I had for the party at his house. In fact, I think I put more effort into my work outfits, with anticipation of seeing him in the centre. It would be wrong to say I was not excited about our date but as far as I was concerned, I had achieved my goal: to be desired by Steve.
18, April, 2021
This section: Label Me: Francesca Baird blogging about autism
Filed under: Label Me: Francesca Baird blogging about autism
- Francesca Baird Blogging about Autism: Psychiatric Assessment
- Francesca Baird” Autism and Anxiety
- Francesca Baird: blogging about autism and loss of identity
- Francesca Baird: Blogging about Autism: First Date
- Francesca Baird: Blogging about Autism – Fantasy World continues
- Francesca Baird: Blogging about Autism: Work and My Fantasy World
- Francesca Baird: Autism and relationship’s part two
- Francesca Baird: Autism and relationships. Chapter 5: A Fantasy World
- Francesca Baird: Blogging about Autism. Autism and Work (2)
- Francesca Baird – on autism – The World of Work
- Francesca Baird: School Days and Autism
- Francesca Baird – Blogging About Autism: School Days (2)
- Francesca Baird: blogging about autism – School Days