Fiction for Fearties, Glasgow Womens Library, 17 November, 2014
Fiction for Fearties
November 17 @ 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Glasgow Women’s Library 23 Landressy Street, Glasgow, G40 1BP
Monday 17th November. 2.30 to 4.30pm (£3/free)
Come along to our National Short Story Week event, listen to people’s favourite short stories, write one of your own at our fun and fear-free creative writing workshop and then submit your story for our Dragon’s Pen event.
This event costs £3.00 full price: Select the number of tickets you wish to book below, or come in to the Library to book. We offer subsidised and/or free places for students, people on a low income, unemployed or those in receipt of benefit and Friends of GWL. Check if you are eligible for free place? or call us on 0141 550 2267 to book.
Submit Your Stories and Poems
Why not be bold and submit your stories and poems to our annual Dragon’s Pen writing competition. This year the theme is Sectarianism in Scotland, as winning entries will be published in our Mixing the Colours book in 2015. For inspiration and guidance please see the Mixing the Colours pages on our website: womenslibrary.org.uk
Competition opens on Thursday 2nd October so send us your poems and stories (up to 1000 words and only one entry per person in each category please).
Closing date for entries is 12pm on Monday 17th November 2014. Email your entry email@example.com with Dragon’s Pen Entry in the subject line.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DANCING ANIMAL poem by Brian Whittingham
- Creative Conversations – Dean Atta Virtual Format Monday 20 April, 2020
- Future Stories – Scottish Book Trust
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson