Discover Indonesia Goenawan Mohamad in Conversation CCA Sat 12 September 2015
Goenawan Mohamad in Conversation
Sat 12 September 2015
2.30pm, Free but ticketed, Cinema
Book online / 0141 352 4900
An insightful conversation with influential writer, poet and activist, Goenawan Mohamad. Over the past 30 years he has pursued a tireless fight for freedom of expression, leading to the foundation of several arts and media organisations and establishing the Indonesian press as one of the most liberal in South-East Asia.
This is followed by Indonesia Today, a 4pm discussion on present day life in Indonesia from a cultural perspective, chaired by Goenawan Mohamad and featuring Jim Allen Abel, Rafly Kande, Jompet Kusiwidananto & Senyawa.
Celebrating 70 years since the Proclamation of Indonesian Independence (Proklamasi), Discover Indonesia is the largest curated showcase of Indonesian performing arts within the UK. In Glasgow, Cryptic presents the best of Indonesian visual arts, music, theatre, traditional dance, film and cuisine.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.