Creative Conversations: Scarlett Thomas
Monday 22 February, 2021 at 1 p.m.
Creative Conversations Lunchtime Series hosted by Creative Writing College of Arts, University of Glasgow
On Zoom – Free
Register at EventBrite You will be sent the link to attend the meeting
Scarlett Thomas was born in London. She is the author of the Worldquake series and nine novels for adults. Her novels include Bright Young Things, PopCo, Our Tragic Universe , The End of Mr Y, The Seed Collectors and, her most recent, Oligarchy. She is Professor of Creative Writing & Contemporary Fiction at the University of Kent.
Creative Conversations is programmed by the University of Glasgow Creative Writing Programme and funded by the Ferguson Bequest. Professor Thomas Ferguson (1900-1977), Henry Mechan Chair of Public Health (1944-64), bequeathed his estate to the University, with the instruction that the money should be used to foster the social side of University life.
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- #StreamMyStory Children’s Online Events Summer 2021
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021
- Mansfield Park Street Festival 2021
- Scottish Books Long Weekend
- Meet the Poet: Marcus Slease & Colin Herd
- Balloch Open Mic on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: David Robertson
- Aye Write on Demand 2021
- Refugee Festival Scotland 2021
- Riverside Festival Glasgow 2021 – Online
- Before Now – Memoir of a Toerag by Moira McPartlin
- Glasgow Jazz Festival 2021