Creative Conversations Inaugural Event Autumn 2019
Inaugural Event: Juana Adcock, Kirsty Logan, Martin Cathcart Froden
24 September, 2019, 5.30 pm. – 7.30 p.m.
University Chapel, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
For the inaugural event of the 2019-2020 Creative Writing Programme at the University of Glasgow, we are thrilled to welcome back three recent graduates of the programme to talk about their publications: Kirsty Logan, Juana Adcock and Martin Cathcart Froden. Each will be in conversation with a different member of the Creative Writing Team.
Kirsty Logan’s books include The Gloaming, The Gracekeepers, A Portable Shelter, and The Rental Heart & Other Fairytales. Her next book, Things We Say in the Dark, is out Halloween 2019.
Juana Adcock is a poet and translator working in English and Spanish. Her poems and translations have appeared in publications such as Magma Poetry, Shearsman, Gutter, Glasgow Review of Books, Asymptote and Words Without Borders. Her first book, Manca, explores the anatomy of violence in Mexico and was named by Reforma‘s distinguished critic Sergio González Rodríguez as one of the best poetry books published in 2014, and is published in English by Argonáutica. Her new collection Split is forthcoming from Blue Diode Press in October 2019.
Martin Cathcart Froden is the winner of the 2015 Dundee International Book Prize, and his debut novel Devil take the Hindmost was published in 2016 by Freight Books. His stories have been shortlisted for awards including the Bridport Prize and the Bristol Short Story Prize, and his story The Underwater Cathedral won the 2013 BBC Opening Lines competition and has been broadcast on Radio 4. He recently achieved a doctorate in creative writing at the University of Glasgow, and he also teaches creative writing. He’s a Swede by birth but after 5 years in Glasgow he’s pretty much as Glaswegian as they come.
Free Event (Register)
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Tannahill Arts Festival Paisley
- The Glasgow Guild Talks 2019
- Meet the Author, Angela Robb, Fruin Farm
- Joint Book Launch: Tracy Patrick and Fiona Lindsay
- Vincent Price: Master of Menace, Lover of Life + The Abominable Dr Phibes GFT
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Margaret Atwood – Live in Cinemas
- Script to Stage Renfrewshire
- Memorial Evening for Janet Paisley CCA
- Bloody Scotland 2019
- Alexandria Writers Open Mic
- Theresa Talbot Creative Writing Workshop
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis Book Launch
- Creative Conversations Inaugural Event Autumn 2019
- The Big Meeting GFT
- The Muse at Avant Garde September 9th, 2019
- Place and Peace: three Scottish PEN writers at Scottish Writers Centre
- Postbox Launch of Issue 2
- Scottish Writers Showcase University of Glasgow 2019
- Streets of Glasgow with Peter Mortimer Glasgow Literary Lounge