Colin’s 10th Anniversary Gathering Sunday 1 November, 2015 GalGael
Sunday 1 November, 2015 at 5:00pm
GalGael would like to invite you to Colin’s 10th Macleod’s Anniversary Gathering
‘Ten years on and the memories remain strong. We’d like to invite you to gather for a night of music, poem and story to remember Colin Macleod – dearly loved by many and still a constant inspiration.
A warm invite goes out to all those who feel a connection – Colin used to say that the most important person was the one last through the door so it’s only right that this spirit of generosity is reflected on the night.
We’ll put on the kind of wild foods spread Colin would have liked to see but if you can bring along a dish to share that would be a good way to contribute.
We’re going to have a small exhibition of some of his work so if you have any items, large or small that Colin made – please bring them along so we can enjoy them for the evening.
The evening will include opportunities for contributions ‘from the floor’ so if you have memories to share we’d love to hear them.
If you have anything else you can contribute to help make the night special then please get in touch – we’d love to hear from you beforehand, so send us a message.’
GalGael, 15 Fairley Street, Glasgow G51 2SN
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
One response to “Colin’s 10th Anniversary Gathering Sunday 1 November, 2015 GalGael”
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- James McCune Smith Memorial Lecture Black History Month 2019 University of Glasgow
- Black Abolitionists in Scotland, Black History Month 2019
- PURGATORY Dante’s Divine Trilogy Part Two by Alasdair Gray
- Creative Conversations Sara Sheridan
- Professor J. Edward Chamberlin National Poetry Day University of Glasgow