Cargo House Party, Mono Cafe Bar, King St, Glasgow G1 5RB, 13th April
Cargo House Party
Mono Cafe Bar
13th April, 6.30 p.n.
Hosted by the kind folks at Mono Glasgow, and featuring readings by Alasdair Gray, Mark Z. Danielewski, Nicola White and Kate Tough, it’s shaping up to be a night to remember. Famous authors. Readings. Books. A bar. What more could you ask for of a Sunday evening?
Tickets are priced at £5, and can be purchased either here or at Mono on the night, and there’ll also be a chance to get your hands on some fabulous Cargo books for special prices. See you then!
Doors at 6:30pm. DJ’s sets by some special guests till late.
Alasdair Gray is a Scottish writer and artist. His most acclaimed work is his first novel, Lanark, published in 1981 and written over a period of almost 30 years. His autobiography, Of Me & Others, is published by Cargo on 12th April 2014.
“America’s most successful experimental writer” is what the New York Times calls Mark Z. Danielewski, author of House of Leaves and the National Book Award nominated Only Revolutions. His new book, The Fifty Year Sword, is published by Cargo on 12th April 2014.
Winner of the £10,000 Dundee International Book Prize 2013, Nicola White’s debut In The Rosary Garden (Cargo) has taken the UK by storm – called “mesmerising” by Val McDermid and “as good as it gets” by Denise Mina.
Kate Tough’s sparkling debut, Head For The Edge, Keep Walking, is published by Cargo on 15th May 2014 – “perfectly poised between heartbreak and hilarity” says Toni Davidson, “warm and ferociously witty story of the shit life throws at us” says Zoe Strachan.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- James McCune Smith Memorial Lecture Black History Month 2019 University of Glasgow
- Black Abolitionists in Scotland, Black History Month 2019
- PURGATORY Dante’s Divine Trilogy Part Two by Alasdair Gray
- Creative Conversations Sara Sheridan
- Professor J. Edward Chamberlin National Poetry Day University of Glasgow