Cargo House Party, Mono Cafe Bar, King St, Glasgow G1 5RB, 13th April
Cargo House Party
Mono Cafe Bar
13th April, 6.30 p.n.
Hosted by the kind folks at Mono Glasgow, and featuring readings by Alasdair Gray, Mark Z. Danielewski, Nicola White and Kate Tough, it’s shaping up to be a night to remember. Famous authors. Readings. Books. A bar. What more could you ask for of a Sunday evening?
Tickets are priced at £5, and can be purchased either here or at Mono on the night, and there’ll also be a chance to get your hands on some fabulous Cargo books for special prices. See you then!
Doors at 6:30pm. DJ’s sets by some special guests till late.
Alasdair Gray is a Scottish writer and artist. His most acclaimed work is his first novel, Lanark, published in 1981 and written over a period of almost 30 years. His autobiography, Of Me & Others, is published by Cargo on 12th April 2014.
“America’s most successful experimental writer” is what the New York Times calls Mark Z. Danielewski, author of House of Leaves and the National Book Award nominated Only Revolutions. His new book, The Fifty Year Sword, is published by Cargo on 12th April 2014.
Winner of the £10,000 Dundee International Book Prize 2013, Nicola White’s debut In The Rosary Garden (Cargo) has taken the UK by storm – called “mesmerising” by Val McDermid and “as good as it gets” by Denise Mina.
Kate Tough’s sparkling debut, Head For The Edge, Keep Walking, is published by Cargo on 15th May 2014 – “perfectly poised between heartbreak and hilarity” says Toni Davidson, “warm and ferociously witty story of the shit life throws at us” says Zoe Strachan.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers
- Launch of Glasgow Historical City
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Petticoats and Pinnacles, NLS Kelvinhall
- Dove Tales: Home Front Celtic Connections 2020
- Jolly Beggars Banquet Cheeky Besom Productions
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Benny Lynch Heritage Trail, Calton Bar
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Periodical Publishing with Gerry Cambridge, Joy Hendry & Henry Bell
- Val McDermid Crime Writer – Creative Conversations
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End