Cargo House Party, Mono Cafe Bar, King St, Glasgow G1 5RB, 13th April
Cargo House Party
Mono Cafe Bar
13th April, 6.30 p.n.
Hosted by the kind folks at Mono Glasgow, and featuring readings by Alasdair Gray, Mark Z. Danielewski, Nicola White and Kate Tough, it’s shaping up to be a night to remember. Famous authors. Readings. Books. A bar. What more could you ask for of a Sunday evening?
Tickets are priced at £5, and can be purchased either here or at Mono on the night, and there’ll also be a chance to get your hands on some fabulous Cargo books for special prices. See you then!
Doors at 6:30pm. DJ’s sets by some special guests till late.
Alasdair Gray is a Scottish writer and artist. His most acclaimed work is his first novel, Lanark, published in 1981 and written over a period of almost 30 years. His autobiography, Of Me & Others, is published by Cargo on 12th April 2014.
“America’s most successful experimental writer” is what the New York Times calls Mark Z. Danielewski, author of House of Leaves and the National Book Award nominated Only Revolutions. His new book, The Fifty Year Sword, is published by Cargo on 12th April 2014.
Winner of the £10,000 Dundee International Book Prize 2013, Nicola White’s debut In The Rosary Garden (Cargo) has taken the UK by storm – called “mesmerising” by Val McDermid and “as good as it gets” by Denise Mina.
Kate Tough’s sparkling debut, Head For The Edge, Keep Walking, is published by Cargo on 15th May 2014 – “perfectly poised between heartbreak and hilarity” says Toni Davidson, “warm and ferociously witty story of the shit life throws at us” says Zoe Strachan.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Calton Ceilidh Open Mic 14 December, 2021
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Interview with Evelyn Lawrie
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Community Ownership – Assets or Liabilities Online Discussion
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell
- Book Launch: Wild Women Of A Certain Age, Magi Gibson
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina
- Book Week Scotland: Writing Trumpet with Jackie Kay
- Book Week Scotland – Built Upon the Rock SWC
- COP26: A Radical Act of Love, Arborescence
- Calton Ceilidh anthology by Ruby McCann
- COP26: Towards Net Zero – speakers and discussion
- Climate Emergency Newsroom, University of Glasgow
- Samantha Walton Creative Conversations