Book Week Scotland Focus Groups
Readers of Scotland! You are needed for Book Week Scotland focus groups. These will take place in:
Glasgow – Thursday 26th February 2015
Dundee – Tuesday 24th February 2015
Book Week Scotland is the country’s annual, national celebration of reading and writing.
Every year, Scottish Book Trust run a number of different events for Book Week Scotland to try and raise public awareness of the benefits of reading and to encourage people to make space for reading in their lives.
During Book Week Scotland 2014 (24 and 30 November) there were hundreds of events in libraries, bookshops and other community organisations and nearly 150,000 copies of a free book, Scotland’s Stories of Home, were given away.
People could also get involved online through the Book Week Scotland website, social media and libraries by making a Reading Pledge, voting for their favourite character from a Scottish Book, completing a Facebook quiz to find their perfect partner from fiction or by writing a love letter to your library.
They would like to speak with a small group of adults who were aware of Book Week Scotland 2014, but chose not to take part, in order to understand the reasons why people did not take part. Additionally to find out what can be done to encourage more people to get involved in the future. This is genuine social research and in no way involves any selling. There will be two meetings, as follows:
Tuesday 24th February 2015, 6pm until 7.45pm at Dundee Central Library, The Wellgate, Dundee, DD1 1DB
Thursday 26th February 2015, 6pm until 7.45pm at The Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow, G3 7DN
All those who take part will be given £30.00 cash to thank them for their time, and to cover any travel expenses. Tea and coffee will also be provided. The session will be informal and relaxed.
If you would like to come along to one of these meetings, please email the research team at email@example.com with your name, age and contact details.
You will then be contacted for further information. However, there are only ten people per group so please book early if you’re keen to take part.
Thanks for helping build a better Book Week Scotland!
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Mary Irvine’s blog: West Dunbartonshire Book Week November 2019
- Making Her Mark Launch Event
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations