Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
2 December, 2019, 7 p.m.
The Old Hairdressers, Renfield Lane, Glasgow G2 5AR
Join Gerry Cambridge & guests Cheryl Follon and Gerald Mangan at the launch of Gerry Cambridge’s new book, The Light Acknowledgers & Other Poems, his first for seven years. With an introduction (and no doubt a poem) by poet & animateur Michael Pedersen. Music (blues, mainly) by Gerald Mangan, with Gerry Cambridge accompanying him on Mississippi saxophone (aka, harmonica).
Gerry Cambridge edits the internationally respected poetry journal The Dark Horse. The Light Acknowledgers is his sixth book of poems. He is also an essayist, print designer and typographer, with a background in natural history photography. https://www.gerrycambridge.com
Cheryl Follon has published three books of poems with Bloodaxe, the latest being Santiago. A fourth collection is in preparation. Originally from Ayrshire, she now lives and works in Glasgow.
Gerald Mangan recentlly returned to Glasgow to live after 40 years in France, near Paris. A poet, dramatist and essayist, among other things he is also a superb caricaturist and artist, well known for his marvellous detailed and affectionate caricatures of poets and literary figures. Some can be seen here: https://www.nationalgalleries.org/art-and-artists/artists/gerald-mangan.
Michael Pedersen has published two collections to date with Polygon, Play With Me and Oyster, the latter in part a collaboration with the late lamented singer-songwriter Scott Hutchison of Frightened Rabbit. Much new work is in preparation. Well known on the spoken word scene in Scotland and beyond, he is also a vibrant cultural presence and a co-founder with Kevin Williamson of literary/cultural powerhouse Neu! Reekie! in Edinburgh.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- Balloch Open Mic – Vale Lad ‘Done Good’ – again
- Balloch House Hotel Open Mic (in abeyance)
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: A Year to Remember – or forget..
- Book Launch: Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson
- Damian Barr, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations: Anuradha Roy
- Creative Activism: 20th Anniversary of Scotland’s Repeal of Section 28
- Cambridge Literary Festival – Winter Festival Online
- Big Book Week Scotland Quiz 2020
- P.M. Freestone at Creative Conversations
- Book Week Scotland 2020
- Real Bread Bakers – Screening and Discussion
- Book Week Scotland 2020: Glasgow Libraries
- Creative Conversations: Sandy NicDhòmhnaill Jones
- I Like Your Hat – book launch with Magi Gibson
- Scottish Writers Centre: Double Book Launch Leela Soma and Allan Martin