Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
2 December, 2019, 7 p.m.
The Old Hairdressers, Renfield Lane, Glasgow G2 5AR
Join Gerry Cambridge & guests Cheryl Follon and Gerald Mangan at the launch of Gerry Cambridge’s new book, The Light Acknowledgers & Other Poems, his first for seven years. With an introduction (and no doubt a poem) by poet & animateur Michael Pedersen. Music (blues, mainly) by Gerald Mangan, with Gerry Cambridge accompanying him on Mississippi saxophone (aka, harmonica).
Gerry Cambridge edits the internationally respected poetry journal The Dark Horse. The Light Acknowledgers is his sixth book of poems. He is also an essayist, print designer and typographer, with a background in natural history photography. https://www.gerrycambridge.com
Cheryl Follon has published three books of poems with Bloodaxe, the latest being Santiago. A fourth collection is in preparation. Originally from Ayrshire, she now lives and works in Glasgow.
Gerald Mangan recentlly returned to Glasgow to live after 40 years in France, near Paris. A poet, dramatist and essayist, among other things he is also a superb caricaturist and artist, well known for his marvellous detailed and affectionate caricatures of poets and literary figures. Some can be seen here: https://www.nationalgalleries.org/art-and-artists/artists/gerald-mangan.
Michael Pedersen has published two collections to date with Polygon, Play With Me and Oyster, the latter in part a collaboration with the late lamented singer-songwriter Scott Hutchison of Frightened Rabbit. Much new work is in preparation. Well known on the spoken word scene in Scotland and beyond, he is also a vibrant cultural presence and a co-founder with Kevin Williamson of literary/cultural powerhouse Neu! Reekie! in Edinburgh.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Mary Irvine’s blog: West Dunbartonshire Book Week November 2019
- Making Her Mark Launch Event
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- The Siren Awakes Book Launch – Linda Jackson review by Pat Byrne
- Publishing Scotland: Book Week Scotland 2019