Book Launch: Restless Land By Alan McCombes and Roz Paterson. 24th July STUC
Book Launch: Restless Land By Alan McCombes and Roz Paterson.
Thursday 24th July 6.30 p.m.
Alan McCombes will launch his new book Restless Land – co-written with Roz Paterson – at an event jointly hosted by Calton Books and Yes Glasgow and featuring input from Pat Kane, Jeane Freeman and Natalie McGarry.
Entertainment from Rosie Kane.
As Scotland stands poised to make a decision that will have ramifications for centuries to come, Restless Land unravels the tangled tale of the centuries gone before.
Unlike many history books, it looks beyond the kings and queens, the aristocrats and industrialists, the politicians and generals, to the extraordinary men and women from the sprawling masses.
Rigorously researched, this epic story of heroism and betrayal, courage and intrigue, sacrifice and avarice, is told with flair and clarity.
The event is free.
Tickets available and you can register online some ticket will be available on the night.
Scottish Trades Union Congress
333 Woodlands Rd
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DANCING ANIMAL poem by Brian Whittingham
- Creative Conversations – Dean Atta Virtual Format Monday 20 April, 2020
- Future Stories – Scottish Book Trust
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson
- The Clearing: A memoir of art, family and mental health by Samantha Clark
- The Siren Awakes – memoir by Linda Jackson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis