Book Launch: Restless Land By Alan McCombes and Roz Paterson. 24th July STUC
Book Launch: Restless Land By Alan McCombes and Roz Paterson.
Thursday 24th July 6.30 p.m.
Alan McCombes will launch his new book Restless Land – co-written with Roz Paterson – at an event jointly hosted by Calton Books and Yes Glasgow and featuring input from Pat Kane, Jeane Freeman and Natalie McGarry.
Entertainment from Rosie Kane.
As Scotland stands poised to make a decision that will have ramifications for centuries to come, Restless Land unravels the tangled tale of the centuries gone before.
Unlike many history books, it looks beyond the kings and queens, the aristocrats and industrialists, the politicians and generals, to the extraordinary men and women from the sprawling masses.
Rigorously researched, this epic story of heroism and betrayal, courage and intrigue, sacrifice and avarice, is told with flair and clarity.
The event is free.
Tickets available and you can register online some ticket will be available on the night.
Scottish Trades Union Congress
333 Woodlands Rd
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- James McCune Smith Memorial Lecture Black History Month 2019 University of Glasgow
- Black Abolitionists in Scotland, Black History Month 2019
- PURGATORY Dante’s Divine Trilogy Part Two by Alasdair Gray
- Creative Conversations Sara Sheridan
- Professor J. Edward Chamberlin National Poetry Day University of Glasgow
- Poets Tony Walsh and Stephen James Smith at Cottiers
- LUX Scotland presents: where did we land Fi Dem 1 and 11