Book Launch: Restless Land By Alan McCombes and Roz Paterson. 24th July STUC
Book Launch: Restless Land By Alan McCombes and Roz Paterson.
Thursday 24th July 6.30 p.m.
Alan McCombes will launch his new book Restless Land – co-written with Roz Paterson – at an event jointly hosted by Calton Books and Yes Glasgow and featuring input from Pat Kane, Jeane Freeman and Natalie McGarry.
Entertainment from Rosie Kane.
As Scotland stands poised to make a decision that will have ramifications for centuries to come, Restless Land unravels the tangled tale of the centuries gone before.
Unlike many history books, it looks beyond the kings and queens, the aristocrats and industrialists, the politicians and generals, to the extraordinary men and women from the sprawling masses.
Rigorously researched, this epic story of heroism and betrayal, courage and intrigue, sacrifice and avarice, is told with flair and clarity.
The event is free.
Tickets available and you can register online some ticket will be available on the night.
Scottish Trades Union Congress
333 Woodlands Rd
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Kavya Prize – New Writers Prize To Celebrate Scotland’s Ethnically Diverse Communities
- Second International Alasdair Gray Conference
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: A New Kid On The Block
- Calton Ceilidh Open Mic 14 December, 2021
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Interview with Evelyn Lawrie
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Community Ownership – Assets or Liabilities Online Discussion
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell
- Book Launch: Wild Women Of A Certain Age, Magi Gibson
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina
- Book Week Scotland: Writing Trumpet with Jackie Kay
- Book Week Scotland – Built Upon the Rock SWC
- COP26: A Radical Act of Love, Arborescence
- Calton Ceilidh anthology by Ruby McCann
- COP26: Towards Net Zero – speakers and discussion
- Climate Emergency Newsroom, University of Glasgow
- Samantha Walton Creative Conversations