Aye Write! Open Mic with Cheeky Besom Productions
23rd Mar 2019 • 6:00PM – 7:30PM • Mitchell Library
Free Event Mitchell Library
All poets, warriors, misfits, dancers, writers, film makers, mystics, artists, troubadours, flaneurs, and musicians. Join Cheeky Besom Productions (a Glasgow based artist collective) in our partnership with Aye Write!
Scotland is a land of myth and storytelling, Cheeky Besom Productions are asking you to bring them your stories, films, myths and legends to share in an open mic night. They are seeking submissions on any theme.
What a Super Event
Cheeky Besom Productions at Aye Write provided a fantastic evening’s entertainment with an hour and a half of poetry, spoken word, music and stories. The call went out for diverse contributors and the response hit the mark with some performers addressing thought provoking topics and others providing fun. Subjects included: Prejudice, Refugees, Glasgow Women, Spiders and Toilets and the wonderful Glasgow Poet, Tom Leonard (R.I.P) was remembered.
It was a very relaxed event with an attentive audience. And we even had a raffle. Watch out for more from Cheeky Besom Productions at Glasgow Literary Lounge, Open Mic, with Jim Ferguson, Louise Malone, Ruby McCann, Brian McFall.
The Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid
- Vivian French and The Giant’s Tea Party
- Believe in Scotland Virtual Burns Supper
- A Virtual Burns Night Edinburgh Castle
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- Balloch Open Mic – Vale Lad ‘Done Good’ – again
- Balloch House Hotel Open Mic (in abeyance)
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: A Year to Remember – or forget..
- Book Launch: Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson
- Damian Barr, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations: Anuradha Roy
- Creative Activism: 20th Anniversary of Scotland’s Repeal of Section 28
- Cambridge Literary Festival – Winter Festival Online
- Big Book Week Scotland Quiz 2020
- P.M. Freestone at Creative Conversations
- Book Week Scotland 2020