Aye Write! Open Mic with Cheeky Besom Productions
23rd Mar 2019 • 6:00PM – 7:30PM • Mitchell Library
Free Event Mitchell Library
All poets, warriors, misfits, dancers, writers, film makers, mystics, artists, troubadours, flaneurs, and musicians. Join Cheeky Besom Productions (a Glasgow based artist collective) in our partnership with Aye Write!
Scotland is a land of myth and storytelling, Cheeky Besom Productions are asking you to bring them your stories, films, myths and legends to share in an open mic night. They are seeking submissions on any theme.
What a Super Event
Cheeky Besom Productions at Aye Write provided a fantastic evening’s entertainment with an hour and a half of poetry, spoken word, music and stories. The call went out for diverse contributors and the response hit the mark with some performers addressing thought provoking topics and others providing fun. Subjects included: Prejudice, Refugees, Glasgow Women, Spiders and Toilets and the wonderful Glasgow Poet, Tom Leonard (R.I.P) was remembered.
It was a very relaxed event with an attentive audience. And we even had a raffle. Watch out for more from Cheeky Besom Productions at Glasgow Literary Lounge, Open Mic, with Jim Ferguson, Louise Malone, Ruby McCann, Brian McFall.
The Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
This section: Aye Write Book Festival 2019, Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- James McCune Smith Memorial Lecture Black History Month 2019 University of Glasgow
- Black Abolitionists in Scotland, Black History Month 2019
- PURGATORY Dante’s Divine Trilogy Part Two by Alasdair Gray
- Creative Conversations Sara Sheridan
- Professor J. Edward Chamberlin National Poetry Day University of Glasgow
- Poets Tony Walsh and Stephen James Smith at Cottiers
- LUX Scotland presents: where did we land Fi Dem 1 and 11