Aye Write! Open Mic with Cheeky Besom Productions
23rd Mar 2019 • 6:00PM – 7:30PM • Mitchell Library
Free Event Mitchell Library
All poets, warriors, misfits, dancers, writers, film makers, mystics, artists, troubadours, flaneurs, and musicians. Join Cheeky Besom Productions (a Glasgow based artist collective) in our partnership with Aye Write!
Scotland is a land of myth and storytelling, Cheeky Besom Productions are asking you to bring them your stories, films, myths and legends to share in an open mic night. They are seeking submissions on any theme.
What a Super Event
Cheeky Besom Productions at Aye Write provided a fantastic evening’s entertainment with an hour and a half of poetry, spoken word, music and stories. The call went out for diverse contributors and the response hit the mark with some performers addressing thought provoking topics and others providing fun. Subjects included: Prejudice, Refugees, Glasgow Women, Spiders and Toilets and the wonderful Glasgow Poet, Tom Leonard (R.I.P) was remembered.
It was a very relaxed event with an attentive audience. And we even had a raffle. Watch out for more from Cheeky Besom Productions at Glasgow Literary Lounge, Open Mic, with Jim Ferguson, Louise Malone, Ruby McCann, Brian McFall.
The Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
This section: Aye Write Book Festival 2019, Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Life is too short online readings and recorded performances
- Historic Significance of Ellisland Farm, Centre for Robert Burns
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- From Glasgow to Saturn Issue 44 – read online
- Short Attention Span Theatre during Lockdown
- Creative Conversations Zoom Event Will Harris
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DANCING ANIMAL poem by Brian Whittingham
- Creative Conversations – Dean Atta Virtual Format Monday 20 April, 2020
- Future Stories – Scottish Book Trust
- ‘the lactic acid in the calves of your despair’ poetry collection by Ali Whitelock
- New Collection of Poems: Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson