Aye Write: Lesley Riddoch Scotland and England: What’s the difference? 5th April, 3 p.m.
Scotland and England: What’s the difference?
5 Apr 2014 • 3:00 P.M – 4:00 P.M • Mitchell Library
Lesley Riddoch, Michael Fry and Rory Stewart discuss how distinct Scotland and England really are.
How distinct are Scotland and England? Are there genuine differences in political outlook, or deeper continuities? Is Glasgow more like Oslo than London? To debate these and other questions we are joined by broadcaster and community activist Lesley Riddoch; historian and convert to nationalism Michael Fry; Scottish-born MP for Carlisle, Cumbria and the Borders, and former governor of an Iraq province Rory Stewart.
Lesley Anne Riddoch is broadcaster and journalist working with BBC Radio and Televsion as well as Channel 4, The Sunday Herald, The Scotsman and The Guardian.
Michael Fry is a highly regarded author and journalist, and a regular contributor to many newspapers and journals, notably the Scotsman , the Herald and the Sunday Times. He is the author of eight books of Scottish history.
Rory Stewart MP or was a senior coalition official in a province of occupied Iraq in 2003–2004. He wrote about his experience there in The Prince of the Marshes He is involved in cultural development work in Afghanistan as the Executive Chairman of the Turquoise Mountain Foundation.
Or buy tickets from our box office on 0141 353 8000
Mitchell Library, North Street, Charing Cross
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Mary Irvine’s blog: West Dunbartonshire Book Week November 2019
- Making Her Mark Launch Event
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- The Siren Awakes Book Launch – Linda Jackson review by Pat Byrne
- Publishing Scotland: Book Week Scotland 2019