Aye Write: James Naughtie: Best Scottish Poems
30th Mar 2019 • 8:00PM – 9:00PM
Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
Best Scottish Poems
Since 2004, the Scottish Poetry Library’s annual online anthology Best Scottish Poems has collected the finest poetry written by Scots and poets living north of the border.
In addition to featuring work by established poets (Don Paterson, Liz Lochhead, Kathleen Jamie), Best Scottish Poems showcased early work by emerging talent such as Claire Askew.
Now, over a decade later, broadcaster James Naughtie has put together a ‘best of the best’ list of 20 poems. James will be talking to the SPL’s Colin Waters and explaining his choices, while several of the poets featured read their own work plus a poem they regard as one of Scotland’s best.
Poets reading are Liz Lochhead, JL Williams, Aonghas Macneacail, Jim Carruth, John Purser and Tom Pow.
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.