Aye Write 2014, 21 Revolutions contributors, Friday 11th April.
21 Revolutions contributors at Aye Write!
The contributors to 21 Revolutions will appear with Laura Marney and Kirsty Logan at Aye Write! to discuss their inspirations for the project, as well as the challenges in the 21st century.
21 Revolutions is a beautiful full colour, coffee table book celebrating the Library’s twenty first anniversary and featuring work by 21 artists and 21 writers, including some of Scotland’s most celebrated women creatives. Jackie Kay, Jen Hadfield, Anne Donovan, Karen Campbell, Denise Mina, Elizabeth Reeder, A.L. Kennedy, Helen Fitzgerald, Zoe Wicomb, Muriel Gray, Louise Welsh, Janice Galloway, Lucy Skaer, Karla Black, Claire Barclay, Sam Ainsley, Corin Sworn and many others have created extraordinary art, poetry and prose, each inspired by individual artefacts in the library, across the fields of social and women’s history, feminism and equality.
21 Revolutions is not just an in-depth investigation into the Library and its resources, but also a snapshot of the wealth of artistic talent in Scotland today.
You can find out more about the event and book your place here.
The Mitchell Library, North Street
Date: Friday 11 April 2014
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Mary Irvine’s blog: West Dunbartonshire Book Week November 2019
- Making Her Mark Launch Event
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire