Aye Write 2014, 21 Revolutions contributors, Friday 11th April.
21 Revolutions contributors at Aye Write!
The contributors to 21 Revolutions will appear with Laura Marney and Kirsty Logan at Aye Write! to discuss their inspirations for the project, as well as the challenges in the 21st century.
21 Revolutions is a beautiful full colour, coffee table book celebrating the Library’s twenty first anniversary and featuring work by 21 artists and 21 writers, including some of Scotland’s most celebrated women creatives. Jackie Kay, Jen Hadfield, Anne Donovan, Karen Campbell, Denise Mina, Elizabeth Reeder, A.L. Kennedy, Helen Fitzgerald, Zoe Wicomb, Muriel Gray, Louise Welsh, Janice Galloway, Lucy Skaer, Karla Black, Claire Barclay, Sam Ainsley, Corin Sworn and many others have created extraordinary art, poetry and prose, each inspired by individual artefacts in the library, across the fields of social and women’s history, feminism and equality.
21 Revolutions is not just an in-depth investigation into the Library and its resources, but also a snapshot of the wealth of artistic talent in Scotland today.
You can find out more about the event and book your place here.
The Mitchell Library, North Street
Date: Friday 11 April 2014
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Community Ownership – Assets or Liabilities Online Discussion
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell
- Book Launch: Wild Women Of A Certain Age, Magi Gibson
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina
- Book Week Scotland: Writing Trumpet with Jackie Kay
- Book Week Scotland – Built Upon the Rock SWC
- COP26: A Radical Act of Love, Arborescence
- Calton Ceilidh anthology by Ruby McCann
- COP26: Towards Net Zero – speakers and discussion
- Climate Emergency Newsroom, University of Glasgow
- Samantha Walton Creative Conversations
- Ann McLaren at Balloch Open Mic 1 November, 2021
- Creative Conversations: Frances Poet
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson