Aye Write 2014, 21 Revolutions contributors, Friday 11th April.
21 Revolutions contributors at Aye Write!
The contributors to 21 Revolutions will appear with Laura Marney and Kirsty Logan at Aye Write! to discuss their inspirations for the project, as well as the challenges in the 21st century.
21 Revolutions is a beautiful full colour, coffee table book celebrating the Library’s twenty first anniversary and featuring work by 21 artists and 21 writers, including some of Scotland’s most celebrated women creatives. Jackie Kay, Jen Hadfield, Anne Donovan, Karen Campbell, Denise Mina, Elizabeth Reeder, A.L. Kennedy, Helen Fitzgerald, Zoe Wicomb, Muriel Gray, Louise Welsh, Janice Galloway, Lucy Skaer, Karla Black, Claire Barclay, Sam Ainsley, Corin Sworn and many others have created extraordinary art, poetry and prose, each inspired by individual artefacts in the library, across the fields of social and women’s history, feminism and equality.
21 Revolutions is not just an in-depth investigation into the Library and its resources, but also a snapshot of the wealth of artistic talent in Scotland today.
You can find out more about the event and book your place here.
The Mitchell Library, North Street
Date: Friday 11 April 2014
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- #StreamMyStory Children’s Online Events Summer 2021
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Scottish Books Long Weekend
- Meet the Poet: Marcus Slease & Colin Herd
- Balloch Open Mic on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: David Robertson
- Aye Write on Demand 2021
- Before Now – Memoir of a Toerag by Moira McPartlin