Auditions – Your Disco Needs You – The Musical Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th June University of the West of Scotland Paisley Campus
Auditions – Your Disco Needs You – The Musical
Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th June
University of the West of Scotland Paisley Campus
Time – 10am – 4pm
Casting call for brand new amateur dramatics musical for breast cancer awareness project for charity.
All profit to 3 cancer charities. Takes place at Mitchell Theatre Glasgow. 5 performances – 24th – 26th October 2014 to coincide with breast cancer awareness month.
Mondays and Thursdays 7pm-9pm
Commencing week of 21st July
Choreography intensive workshops 4th – 10th August daily 5pm-9pm with Tim Noble [Kylie Minogue’s choreographer]
All at University of the West of Scotland Paisley Campus
Main characters auditions Saturday 14th June
Minor characters, chorus and dancers Sunday 15th June
If anyone finds they can’t make the day their part is being auditioned but can make the other day, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Email us at email@example.com for character list and audition pieces.
Send us a photo, your contact details – email, mobile number, CV, character [s] you are interested in.
You will be given a time slot for audition.
Please let us know if you wish to be considered for another part or chorus if you do not get the character you auditioned for.
“Your Disco Needs You –The Musical” encompasses the songs of Kylie Minogue and is set around the struggles of ordinary people uniting in a mission to save a local dance studio hit by recession. The main characters come to the dance class to escape their own personal dilemmas but find their problems being resolved through new friends and relationships made at the class.
DanzGraceful is a community dance studio that is failing because of lack of class members and the recession. Grace, who runs DanzGraceful, decides to enter a dance competition, which has a prize that could save her business and help the community. She puts out the ad – “Your Disco Needs You” in a local paper and this attracts new members that help revitalise class numbers and bring new ideas to the class.
The first part introduces the separate characters one by one where each person’s drama is revealed. Sophie lacks confidence because of her alcoholic husband wearing her down and not being able to find new work. Immy is going through treatment for breast cancer but has a loving husband who supports her in everything she does, even if he doesn’t agree. Immy is instrumental in bringing her fellow patients from their clinic exercise class to DanzGraceful to spice it up with the hula hooping exercises they have been doing and Immy’s exploits at pole exercise.
Rosie is introduced in an argument with her partner that ends their relationship. A strong woman, she sees the class as an opportunity to find a new woman; and finds love in the class. Jan is bored with her boyfriend that she has been with since school and also finds a new love interest at the dance studios.
The musical brings all these characters together at the dance class as they help change and support each other to the emotional climax.
Overall this feel good musical is fast paced and the Kylie songs embed seamlessly into the scenes helping tell the story. New songs and old favourites will delight all Kylie fans and non fans alike. It also imparts the important message that exercise during cancer improves fitness and quality of life.
- Glasgow Short Film Festival 2020: My First Film
- Sweet Charity, Websters Theatre
- Compañía Maria “la Serrana” Santuario, Cottiers, Glasgow
- Glasgow Window Art Festival – High Street and Saltmarket
- Connect Choir, Cottiers Theatre
- Christina Bianco – ‘Diva-filled Show’ at Cottiers
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Tron Creative Presents: Table Read 6
- Books at the Botanics
- Govanhill International Women’s Day 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Our Ladies
- Glasgow Film Festival: Romantic Comedy + Live Score by Summer Camp
- Befriending Food Experience, Games and Grub
- Stars for Starchild – In Memory of Rony Bridges
- Days of the Bagnold Summer Glasgow Film Festival
- Bacurau, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Parasite (black and white version announced)
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Rocks
- Rabbie: Scotland’s Superstar – Websters Theatre
- Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece