Anne Donovan Scottish Writers Centre
Image credit: Alan Dimmick.
Tuesday, 4 June, 2019, 7 – 9 p.m.
Scottish Writers Centre, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
Anne Donovan will read from her work and talk about the importance of voice in her fiction, and the process of writing in different Scots voices.
Anne Donovan is the author of the short story collection, Hieroglyphics and other Stories (2001), and the novels, Buddha Da, Being Emily and Gone Are The Leaves, all published by Canongate. Her short story All That Glisters won the prestigious Macallan/Scotland on Sunday Award. Buddha Da was shortlisted for many prizes including the Orange Prize and the Dublin International IMPAC Award, and won Le Prince Maurice Award in Mauritius. Gone Are The Leaves was shortlisted for the Saltire Scottish Literary Book of the Year Award.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’
- Creative Conversations: Abir Mukherjee – Crime Novelist
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Irene Lebeter, Meet the Author, Fruin Fam
- ‘A Place for the Work and the Human Being’ Kelvin Hall
- From Lens to Pen, Finnieston
- Creative Conversations: Robert Alan Jamieson – Shetlandic Poet and Translator
- Sloot – it’s Oot!!! – Book Launch with Ian Macpherson
- Glasgow’s Welcome University of Glasgow
- Bearing Witness: the state of journalism and press freedom across the globe
- James McCune Smith Memorial Lecture Black History Month 2019 University of Glasgow
- Black Abolitionists in Scotland, Black History Month 2019
- PURGATORY Dante’s Divine Trilogy Part Two by Alasdair Gray
- Creative Conversations Sara Sheridan
- Professor J. Edward Chamberlin National Poetry Day University of Glasgow
- Poets Tony Walsh and Stephen James Smith at Cottiers
- LUX Scotland presents: where did we land Fi Dem 1 and 11