An Evening with the poet Jennifer Williams, CCA, 17 February, 2015
“The Writer’s Life”: an evening with renowned poet Jennifer Williams
Scottish Writers Centre
Tuesday 17th February 2015; 7pm to 8.30pm,
CCA Club Room, Glasgow:
Jennifer Williams has found publication in journals such as Poetry Wales, The Wolf, Edinburgh Review, Magma, Fulcrum, and Stand. Her poetry has been translated into Greek, French, Spanish, and Dutch, and she has translated poetry from Spanish and Greek.
Jennifer’s poems have been featured in the New Writing Scotland 30 anthology and in the SPL’s Best Scottish Poems 2011 and 2013 anthologies. She is particularly interested in cross-form work, and has collaborated with artists, musicians, and filmmakers. Jennifer was awarded a grant from the Scottish Arts Council for a poetry collaboration entitled Chiaroscuro Pentimenti, and the Edwin Morgan Travel Bursary from the Scottish Arts Trust.
In September 2009, she journeyed to the Aeolian Isles to write a collection inspired by Ovid’s Metamorphoses (entitled Condition of Fire; published by Shearsman Books in 2011). Jennifer’s second collection, Locust and Marlin (Shearsman, 2014), explores the idea of home and where we come from. She plays in the band Opul, and is Programme Manager at the Scottish Poetry Library.
Tickets: £6 (£3 for concessions). Free to SWC members.
CCA 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Creative Conversations: Anuradha Roy
- Creative Activism: 20th Anniversary of Scotland’s Repeal of Section 28
- Cambridge Literary Festival – Winter Festival Online
- Big Book Week Scotland Quiz 2020
- P.M. Freestone at Creative Conversations
- Book Week Scotland 2020
- Real Bread Bakers – Screening and Discussion
- Book Week Scotland 2020: Glasgow Libraries
- Creative Conversations: Sandy NicDhòmhnaill Jones
- I Like Your Hat – book launch with Magi Gibson
- Scottish Writers Centre: Double Book Launch Leela Soma and Allan Martin
- Poetry, Reading and Discussion
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Queerness in 1980s Glasgow – Douglas Stuart
- Bloody Scotland: Michael Connelly and Ian Rankin
- New World, New Beginnings – Poetry Event Online
- Creative Conversations: Peter May
- Creative Conversations: Elizabeth Reeder
- Remembering Alasdair Gray / Paradise
- Landmarks: Hugh MacDiarmid’s Brownsbank