An Evening with the poet Jennifer Williams, CCA, 17 February, 2015
“The Writer’s Life”: an evening with renowned poet Jennifer Williams
Scottish Writers Centre
Tuesday 17th February 2015; 7pm to 8.30pm,
CCA Club Room, Glasgow:
Jennifer Williams has found publication in journals such as Poetry Wales, The Wolf, Edinburgh Review, Magma, Fulcrum, and Stand. Her poetry has been translated into Greek, French, Spanish, and Dutch, and she has translated poetry from Spanish and Greek.
Jennifer’s poems have been featured in the New Writing Scotland 30 anthology and in the SPL’s Best Scottish Poems 2011 and 2013 anthologies. She is particularly interested in cross-form work, and has collaborated with artists, musicians, and filmmakers. Jennifer was awarded a grant from the Scottish Arts Council for a poetry collaboration entitled Chiaroscuro Pentimenti, and the Edwin Morgan Travel Bursary from the Scottish Arts Trust.
In September 2009, she journeyed to the Aeolian Isles to write a collection inspired by Ovid’s Metamorphoses (entitled Condition of Fire; published by Shearsman Books in 2011). Jennifer’s second collection, Locust and Marlin (Shearsman, 2014), explores the idea of home and where we come from. She plays in the band Opul, and is Programme Manager at the Scottish Poetry Library.
Tickets: £6 (£3 for concessions). Free to SWC members.
CCA 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers
- Launch of Glasgow Historical City
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Petticoats and Pinnacles, NLS Kelvinhall
- Dove Tales: Home Front Celtic Connections 2020
- Jolly Beggars Banquet Cheeky Besom Productions
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Benny Lynch Heritage Trail, Calton Bar
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Periodical Publishing with Gerry Cambridge, Joy Hendry & Henry Bell
- Val McDermid Crime Writer – Creative Conversations
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End