An Evening with the poet Jennifer Williams, CCA, 17 February, 2015
“The Writer’s Life”: an evening with renowned poet Jennifer Williams
Scottish Writers Centre
Tuesday 17th February 2015; 7pm to 8.30pm,
CCA Club Room, Glasgow:
Jennifer Williams has found publication in journals such as Poetry Wales, The Wolf, Edinburgh Review, Magma, Fulcrum, and Stand. Her poetry has been translated into Greek, French, Spanish, and Dutch, and she has translated poetry from Spanish and Greek.
Jennifer’s poems have been featured in the New Writing Scotland 30 anthology and in the SPL’s Best Scottish Poems 2011 and 2013 anthologies. She is particularly interested in cross-form work, and has collaborated with artists, musicians, and filmmakers. Jennifer was awarded a grant from the Scottish Arts Council for a poetry collaboration entitled Chiaroscuro Pentimenti, and the Edwin Morgan Travel Bursary from the Scottish Arts Trust.
In September 2009, she journeyed to the Aeolian Isles to write a collection inspired by Ovid’s Metamorphoses (entitled Condition of Fire; published by Shearsman Books in 2011). Jennifer’s second collection, Locust and Marlin (Shearsman, 2014), explores the idea of home and where we come from. She plays in the band Opul, and is Programme Manager at the Scottish Poetry Library.
Tickets: £6 (£3 for concessions). Free to SWC members.
CCA 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival 2021 review by Pat Byrne
- Andrew Painting & Jim Crumley: #Wee Nature Fest
- Mongrel: Donna Campbell debut poetry collection
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- International Mother Language Day 21 February 2021
- Glesga Banter: Celebration of Weegie Culture
- How Poets See The World – Paisley Book Festival Online 2021
- New Patterns for Paisley, Paisley Book Festival
- In Conversation with Dean Atta and gainAgain
- Breaking Boundaries: Main Reading Vahni Capildeo and Mark Waldron
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne
- New Poetries VIII – Online Launches
- What It Means To Overcome – Paisley Film Festival
- Book Launch: The Stone in My Pocket by Matthew Keeley
- Creative Conversations: Scarlett Thomas
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid
- Crossways Literary Festival 2021 – Online
- Vivian French and The Giant’s Tea Party
- Online Book Launch: Ruth Thomas: The Snow and the Works on the Northern Line
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe