Aloud, Freshers’ Special, Tuesday 15 September, 2015, QMU, University of Glasgow
Aloud Freshers’ Special
September 15, 2015
Queen Margaret Union, University of Glasgow, Queen Margaret Union, 22 University Gardens, Glasgow G12 8QN
Events all DAY
Poetry! Spoken word! Story-telling! Prose! Words! Sounds! Noises!
Welcome to Aloud, the QMU’s monthly literary open mic night and more. Have you spoken words before? Have you never spoken words before? Regardless of your word speaking ability, prowess or experience Aloud is here for you. Come speak your words to a captive, encouraging and badass audience this Freshers’ Week. We’ll even help you write some of them!
EVENT #1 – Aloud’s Creative Writing Workshop – SCRAN, QMU (Second Floor) – Tuesday 15th – 11am – Free
The ONLY way to spend a Tuesday morning! Come and enjoy our fun and stress-free writing environment, learn some tips from ALOUD’s veteran performers and writers and meet fellow word enthusiasts.
EVENT #2 – Aloud’s Open Mic w/ Very Special Headliners CARLY BROWN and BRAM E. GIEBEN – Jim’s Bar, QMU (First Floor) – Thursday 17th – 2-5pm – Free
The legends are true: the ALOUD open mic is hitting Freshers’ Week hard with bedazzling poetics. Everyone is invited to take to the stage, whether you’re a seasoned performer or trying it out for the first time. Sign-up sheet open from 2pm and will be available throughout the event.
And to top all that off, come along to see two Scottish Slam Champions!
Headlining on Thursday we are extremely excited to have along Carly Brown and Bram E. Gieben!
So COME! Do Poems! Write things! Meet People! Be part of the Spoken Word Revolution!
Find out more about Aloud at:
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- A Celebration of Birds: Sharing stories, memories and hope
- Makar to Makar, Jackie Kay with Imtiaz Dharker and Suzanne Bonnar
- Life is too short online readings and recorded performances
- Historic Significance of Ellisland Farm, Centre for Robert Burns
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT