Aloud, Freshers’ Special, Tuesday 15 September, 2015, QMU, University of Glasgow
Aloud Freshers’ Special
September 15, 2015
Queen Margaret Union, University of Glasgow, Queen Margaret Union, 22 University Gardens, Glasgow G12 8QN
Events all DAY
Poetry! Spoken word! Story-telling! Prose! Words! Sounds! Noises!
Welcome to Aloud, the QMU’s monthly literary open mic night and more. Have you spoken words before? Have you never spoken words before? Regardless of your word speaking ability, prowess or experience Aloud is here for you. Come speak your words to a captive, encouraging and badass audience this Freshers’ Week. We’ll even help you write some of them!
EVENT #1 – Aloud’s Creative Writing Workshop – SCRAN, QMU (Second Floor) – Tuesday 15th – 11am – Free
The ONLY way to spend a Tuesday morning! Come and enjoy our fun and stress-free writing environment, learn some tips from ALOUD’s veteran performers and writers and meet fellow word enthusiasts.
EVENT #2 – Aloud’s Open Mic w/ Very Special Headliners CARLY BROWN and BRAM E. GIEBEN – Jim’s Bar, QMU (First Floor) – Thursday 17th – 2-5pm – Free
The legends are true: the ALOUD open mic is hitting Freshers’ Week hard with bedazzling poetics. Everyone is invited to take to the stage, whether you’re a seasoned performer or trying it out for the first time. Sign-up sheet open from 2pm and will be available throughout the event.
And to top all that off, come along to see two Scottish Slam Champions!
Headlining on Thursday we are extremely excited to have along Carly Brown and Bram E. Gieben!
So COME! Do Poems! Write things! Meet People! Be part of the Spoken Word Revolution!
Find out more about Aloud at:
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.