Alan Murphy – A Nod to John Martyn
Sunday 7th July, 2019 2p.m. – 5 p.m. (with break)
A Nod to John Martyn with Alan Murphy
‘I remember where I was when I heard my first John Martyn album “So Far So Good” in 1977 and it gave me a direction in music which lasts to this day.
I’ve watched John live in Glasgow Students Union – Met him after the gig at Edinburgh Odeon 1978 – Glasgow Sub Club – Glasgow Pavilion Theatre – Glasgow Concert hall – & Dublin Vicar Street.
I am very grateful to have played Solid Air and You Can Discover with Danny Thompson at a John Martyn music gathering, watched him playing Good By Pork Pie Hat, and listened to some of his stories over breakfast.
I’ve bought his “Wotcher” T shirt with his own sketch of his lifelong bass…Victoria.
John died on the 29th of January 2009. On this tenth anniversary year I played a remembrance gig and it was a pleasure to revisit John’s songs. I would like to again share some of his music along with my own compositions as a “Nod to JM” in the fabulous Ferry.’
Telephone for tickets: 01698 360085
or free entry with Lunch.
Muso’s, Friends of The Ferry, Blues Day card holders & Gold Card members enter FREE!!! Also, if you purchase the 2 course lunch then this will save you the entry fee.
Although our venue operates a strictly over 18’s policy for public events in the evening, families (including children) are welcome for all Big Blues Day afternoons.
Food served from 1pm – 4pm
General admission tickets £5
Advanced tickets for 2 course lunch £10 (includes free entry!)
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events
Filed under: Gig Guide plus Club Events
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Christmas Carousel The Platform
- Future Glue Christmas Party
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience Christmas & New Year Party
- Kirsteen Harvey Live, Cottiers
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Irish fiddle player Michael Gorman Cd launch and Concert to celebrate his Glasgow connection
- Martin Stephenson & The Daintees OranMor
- Cottiers has Talent this Christmas
- A Very Buble Christmas at Cottiers
- SongWriters Uncovered Series 2019
- Fairytale of Glasgow
- Birds of Chicago The Doublet Glasgow
- Scottish Writers’ Centre From bytes to bestseller with Jonathan Whitelaw
- Guttersnipe at the Old Hairdressers
- One Night at The Disco, Riverside Museum
- The Long Ryders at OranMor
- Maria Doyle Kennedy, Cottiers
- Hang Massive at OranMor, Glasgow