A Bird Is Not A Stone, Glasgow Launch, Tell it Slant, Monday 2 June
A Bird Is Not A Stone, Glasgow Launch
Monday, June 2 at 6:00pm
Tell it Slant
Tell it Slant is delighted to host the premier launch of A Bird is Not a Stone, a groundbreaking anthology of Palestinian poetry translated into all the languages of Scotland.
The collection features poetry by 25 contemporary Palestinian poets and as many Scots writers, including the makar Liz Lochhead, Costa Award winner Kathleen Jamie and Guardian Fiction Prize winner Alasdair Gray.
The evening will include readings of poems from the collection in both the original and translations.
Liz Lochhead, Alasdair Gray, Henry King, Magi Gibson, and Ellen McAteer will all be reading.
More information on the book can be found at http://abirdisnotastone.wordpress.com/
Tell it Slan, 134 Renfrew Street, Glasgow G3 6ST
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Publishing Scotland Fiction Showcase
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood
- Scottish Ensemble Common Sound at Cottiers
- Tanna Slamma Ding Dong, Tannahill Arts Festival
- The Children’s Wood – Nicola Davies with Readings and Screening
- Atlantic Slavery Glasgow ‘Hidden in Plain Sight’
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Dora Wright
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose