Talk on Gaza, University of Glasgow, 23 January, 2018
The Glasgow University Palestine Society invites you to a talk and discussion on the Gaza Strip.
Tuesday, 23 January, 2018 6.30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Guest speaker and PhD student Sharif Rateb Alaydi from Gaza City will discuss his own experiences in living under Israeli siege and the restrictions in mobility of Palestinians travelling in and out of the Strip. He will comment on contemporary issues related to the Palestinian struggle as a whole.
Q&A session will follow the talk.
The event is FREE and refreshments will be provided.
Sharif is a PhD researcher at the University of Glasgow. He is currently a senior lecturer at Al-Azhar Univeristy (AUG) in Gaza City, in the North-Western Gaza Strip.
Boyd Orr Building, University of lasgow, G12 8NN
- The Stand Comedy Club Christmas Specials 2018
- Karine Polwart, Creative Conversations
- The Sensational Alex Harvey Experience, Audio, Christmas 2018
- Family Carol Service, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Innes Watson’s Guitar Colloquium, The Blue Arrow
- Doris, Dolly and the Dressing Room Divas, OranMor
- Scottish Queer International Film Festival 2018
- Fright Night and A Girl Walk Home Alone at Night, Burnt Church Film Club
- Die Hard GFT
- SQIFF18 A Girl at My Door CCA
- Pity Party Film Club, Cry Baby CCA
- Elf and Trading Places Seamore Neighbourhood Cinema
- Refuweegee and Music Broth Unsilent Night Fundraiser
- First Events or Glasgow Film Festival 2019 Announced
- SUSTAIN £200 bursary available for Community Cinema Projects
- Home Alone GFT
- The Wild Pear Tree
- Mug GFT
- The Old Man and The Gun GFT
- Sorry To Bother You GFT