Talk on Gaza, University of Glasgow, 23 January, 2018
The Glasgow University Palestine Society invites you to a talk and discussion on the Gaza Strip.
Tuesday, 23 January, 2018 6.30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Guest speaker and PhD student Sharif Rateb Alaydi from Gaza City will discuss his own experiences in living under Israeli siege and the restrictions in mobility of Palestinians travelling in and out of the Strip. He will comment on contemporary issues related to the Palestinian struggle as a whole.
Q&A session will follow the talk.
The event is FREE and refreshments will be provided.
Sharif is a PhD researcher at the University of Glasgow. He is currently a senior lecturer at Al-Azhar Univeristy (AUG) in Gaza City, in the North-Western Gaza Strip.
Boyd Orr Building, University of lasgow, G12 8NN
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library
- Aye Write: Wee Write One Button Benny with Alan Windram
- Ann-Marie MacDonald in conversation with Louise Welsh, University of Glasgow