DOG AUDITIONS FOR THE ROLE OF RUFUS IN LEGALLY BLONDE THE MUSICAL ARE BEING HELD IN GLASGOW
WEDNESDAY 14 FEBRUARY 2018
Could your pampered pet or family pooch be destined for fame? The producers of the smash-hit Broadway and West End production, Legally Blonde The Musical are on the hunt for a star-studded pup to join an all-star cast when the show arrives at the King’s Theatre in Glasgow.
The producers are ideally looking for a bulldog but will consider other breeds.
Auditions will be held at Theatre Royal (282 Hope St, Glasgow G2 3QA) on Wednesday 14 February for the part of Rufus, character Paulette Bonafonté’s dog.
The chosen canine will star alongside, Eastender’s Rita Simmons, Eurovision singer Lucie Jones, Emmerdale’s Bill Ward and of course, Elle’s dog Brusier.
Legally Blonde The Musical will run at the King’s from Monday 23 until Saturday 28 April 2018.
Associate Director David Barrett said: “Our cute Brusier has already been cast and we are looking for a big, brutish dog that only its mother could love to play Rufus during the Glasgow run. Preferably a bulldog like in the film, but we are certainly open to options.”
If you think your dog has what it takes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and an application form.
Legally Blonde The Musical is an all singing, all dancing romantic comedy, a fun-filled, feel-good pink fest.
The popular tale tells of college sweetheart and homecoming queen Elle Woods who doesn’t take no for an answer. When her boyfriend dumps her for someone more serious, Elle puts down the credit card, hits the books and heads for Harvard Law School while proving that being true to yourself never goes out of style.
Based on the Reese Witherspoon film, Legally Blonde The Musical earned seven Tony nominations and 10 Drama Desk Award nominations during its Broadway run. In the UK it was nominated for 5 Laurence Olivier Awards, winning 3 including Best New Musical. It was also nominated for 8 Whatsonstage Awards, winning 4, including Best Musical.
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community