‘Growing and Dying’ a tribute to the writer Janet Paisley edited by Linda Jackson
The book is a tribute to the award winning writer Janet Paisley. It is a combination of essays, poems and biography. The writers include, Professor Alan Riach, Tom Leonard, James Robertson, Alan Bissett and Sheila Templeton to name a few.
‘I think of Janet as the sister I never had and when she told me she had been told she had terminal cancer, I just had to do something….’ Linda Jackson
The book will be launched and promoted at various events in Glasgow and Edinburgh.
A Celebration of the writer Janet Paisley
La Bodega 4 May, 2018 (EVENT SOLD OUT)
Blackwells Edinburgh, 20 May, 2018 at 2 p.m.
A further event will be held at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street Glasgow on 7 June.
Full details will be available soon along with details how to buy the book online.
A further event with Tom Leonard, Alan Riach and Anne Donovan will take place at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street on 7th June, 2018. Full details.
- I Remember It Well Symposium, Paisley
- The Scottish Witchfinder by Jacqueline Smith
- John Maclean, Hero of Red Clydeside by Henry Bell
- Hollie McNish OranMor
- Three Kinds of Kissing by Helen Lamb Book Launch
- After He Died Book Launch, Michael J Malone
- Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
- An Evening with Nawal Slemiah, Project Cafe Glasgow
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- STAGE Multimedia Exhibition
- Stuart Cosgrove, ‘Harlem 69’ Book Launch
- Richard Holloway, Creative Conversatons
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- All The Time We Thought We Had, Gordon Darroch Waterstones
- Cheeky Besoms Speakeasy and Open Mic Night Glasgow
- She’s En Scene Women’s Film Screening and Discussion, Glasgow
- With Their Best Clothes On, New Writing Scotland Launch
- The Big Chair – Autumn Voices – Robin Lloyd-Jones
- An Evening with Charles McGarry, Waterstones Sauchiehall Street
- Public Lecture of the Publishing Scotland’s International Fellows Glasgow – review by Mary Irvine