‘Growing and Dying’ a tribute to the writer Janet Paisley edited by Linda Jackson
The book is a tribute to the award winning writer Janet Paisley. It is a combination of essays, poems and biography. The writers include, Professor Alan Riach, Tom Leonard, James Robertson, Alan Bissett and Sheila Templeton to name a few.
‘I think of Janet as the sister I never had and when she told me she had been told she had terminal cancer, I just had to do something….’ Linda Jackson
The book will be launched and promoted at various events in Glasgow and Edinburgh.
A Celebration of the writer Janet Paisley
La Bodega 4 May, 2018 (EVENT SOLD OUT)
Blackwells Edinburgh, 20 May, 2018 at 2 p.m.
A further event will be held at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street Glasgow on 7 June.
Full details will be available soon along with details how to buy the book online.
A further event with Tom Leonard, Alan Riach and Anne Donovan will take place at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street on 7th June, 2018. Full details.
- Tidelines Book Festival 2018, Irvine, Scotland
- The Sma Shot 2018 Paisley Town Hall
- The Backstreets of Purgatory, Waterstones Byres Road
- Encounter No 1 by Sogol Mabadi and Emma Helen Reid
- Word Jazzology hosted by Magi Gibson, Babbity Bowsters, Glasgow
- Spotlight on Cinemas – West End Festival 2018
- The 5th Annual Champipunship, OranMor
- Cindigo, Poets at West End Festival
- Explore Wellspring Writing, Laura T. Fyfe, Scottish Writers
- Kittlin and the Carlton 3, West End Festival
- Dodie Bellamy, Kevin Killian, Calum Gardner, SWG3 Poetry Club
- Bloody Scotland, 2018
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 14 June, 2018
- Beyond Boundaries, Festival 2018, Call For Poems
- Examination Paper, Creative Writing Event/Installation, Scotland Street School
- Launch of Autumn Voices 2018
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library