‘Growing and Dying’ a tribute to the writer Janet Paisley edited by Linda Jackson
The book is a tribute to the award winning writer Janet Paisley. It is a combination of essays, poems and biography. The writers include, Professor Alan Riach, Tom Leonard, James Robertson, Alan Bissett and Sheila Templeton to name a few.
‘I think of Janet as the sister I never had and when she told me she had been told she had terminal cancer, I just had to do something….’ Linda Jackson
The book will be launched and promoted at various events in Glasgow and Edinburgh.
A Celebration of the writer Janet Paisley
La Bodega 4 May, 2018 (EVENT SOLD OUT)
Blackwells Edinburgh, 20 May, 2018 at 2 p.m.
A further event will be held at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street Glasgow on 7 June.
Full details will be available soon along with details how to buy the book online.
A further event with Tom Leonard, Alan Riach and Anne Donovan will take place at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street on 7th June, 2018. Full details.
- Autumn Voices Project – Poetry Competition 2018
- Autumn Voices Showcase 2018
- Creative Writing Fair, University of Glasgow
- Writers’ Workshop Day at Fruin Farm, Nr. Helensburgh
- Aye Write: Wee Write Beano Cartoon Capers, Mitchell Library
- Aye Write: Wee Write One Button Benny with Alan Windram
- Ann-Marie MacDonald in conversation with Louise Welsh, University of Glasgow
- The Great May Day Cabaret, Night for Chris Bartter, OranMor
- Wee Write Literary and Book Festival for schools and children 2018
- Marian Keyes at Aye Write, the Mitchell Library
- Radical Film Network 6818 Launch, Glasgow
- ‘Growing and Dying’ Tribute to Janet Paisley, Event at Waterstones, Sauchiehall Street
- Camilla Grudova, QMU, University of Glasgow
- Aye Write: Archie Macpherson, Adventures in the Golden Age
- Cross-feed Night School with Dr David Luke
- ‘Growing and Dying’ a tribute to the writer Janet Paisley edited by Linda Jackson
- Dr Yupin Chung: Tea Under A Willow Tree, Glasgow Art Club
- Stuart Murdoch, Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- A Fiction Reading. with Sheila Llewellyn and Andrew Meehan, Crossways Festival review by Pat Byrne
- Glasgow Zine Fest SQIFF Presents: Live in DIY Queer Filmmaking Conversation! CCA