‘Spring: the music of open windows’ at Thistle Gallery
Blowing away the winter cobwebs and welcoming in a new season with a vibrant new Show ‘Rites of Spring’ which Previews on Saturday, March 31st and runs throughout April and May, 2018.
From 18 April,2018 – Fresh Work Springs Eternal at Thistle Gallery with fifteen additional paintings exhibited.
As usual you will find a wide and eclectic range of exhibits from some of Scotland”s leading contemporary artists working in oils, acrylics, pastel, gouache, felted merino and watercolours.
Thistle Gallery is delighted to introduce several new artists:
Andrew Tough, whose photorealistic land and mountain scape paintings are truly remarkable, Jack Brown, whose coastal birds in flight are subtle but striking and Chris Gallacher whose colour palette has an intensity and depth well suited to his subject matter.
From Ross Muir, Moy Mackay, Gillian Henshaw, Louise Matheson and Vic Rodrick will also feature in the Show.
But in addition to over 80 paintings there is also a superb range of textiles including silk scarves by Vonnie Designs, lambswool scarves by Olive Pearson inspired by Charles Rennie Mackintosh motifs and plush velvet cushions by Catriona Gemmill. Also featured in the Show is a new range of ceramics by Angela Pointon who has taken blue birds as her theme and a subtle range of cobalt blue iridescent jewellery from Alexa Hope influenced by sea glass.
So do pop into the Gallery on Preview Day Saturday 31 March, 2018 from 11am until 6pm…..for a glass of wine and a wander round the artwork inspired by Spring.
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Celtic Connections 2020 Hannah Read and Andy Monaghan review by Fionnuala Boyle
- Opening and Closing Galas announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Celine and Julie Go Boating, GFT
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Different from Others with Illustrated Talk, GFT
- Finish Exposure Films from the Arctic
- Waves GFT
- Bombshell GFT
- Chinese Visual Festival 2020
- Coastal Connections Festival 2020 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- Preview: Parasite + Satellite Q&A with Bong Joon-ho-GFT
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Cottiers Burns Supper and Ceilidh
- Burns Night (excellent)
- Burns Night Ceilidh, Stereo
- This is not a Burns Night – Dance of the Underclass
- Burns Baby Burns Dance of the Underclass Aftershow Party
- Cine(thesia) Coming Out, Kelvin Hall
- No Fathers in Kashmir, GFT