Glasgow Writers: Phil Murnin
Phillip Murnin is a fiction writer, who has gained numerous awards for his work. He studied M.Litt Creative Writing at the University of Glasgow, where he won The Sceptre Prize for emerging writers. In 2014 he was awarded the Scottish Book Trust, New Writers’ Award 2014 and, in 2012, the Gillian Purvis Award for New Writing.
He has performed at various literary events including New Writers Showcase in Edinburgh and has had short stories published, including, ‘Street Kids’ based on Joan Yardley’s painting of the same name, which inspired the written piece as part of the Get Writing, Creative Writing Competition, encouraging interaction between two art forms: the visual arts and literature. His work has also been published in ‘From Glasgow To Saturn’, ‘Gutter Magazine’ and ‘New Writing Scotland’.
Phillip was part of the re-established Hobsbawm Workshop, 2014 – 2015, which was brought together by the poet Chris Agee to inspire and encourage the work of some of Glasgow’s best new writers.
He is part of the Ten Writers Telling Lies Project – where ten of Glasgow’s most talented writers have got together with the musician Jim Byrne, to produce a book and CD. The product will be launched in 2017. You can catch a preview at the West End Festival 2016.
This section: Ten Writers Telling Lies, writers
- Govanhill; no single-ends by Ian R. Mitchell
- Tarnished Jewels, U.S.A.’s Public Lands Under Trump by Ian R. Mitchell
- Leela Soma: ‘Vermillion’ a poem for Autumn
- Janet Paisley: Scottish Author, Poet and Playwright
- Glasgow Writer: Stuart Cosgrove
- The Art of Words, Thistle Gallery, 7 June, 2018
- Denise Mina: Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Kevin Scott
- Mary Irvine’s Blog:Merchant City Festival Outdoor Stage at the Tron 22.07.2017
- Ten Writers Telling Lies, West End Festival 2017, Waterstones Byres Road, Thursday 8 June, 2017
- Ten Writers Telling Lies book and cd launch review by Mary Irvine
- Glasgow Writers: Alistair Braidwood – Scots Whay Hae!
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- The Garngad: Heaven and Hell by Ian R. Mitchell
- West Texas Highs; Be In Your Own Movie by Ian R. Mitchell
- Mary Irvine’s blog: West End Festival 2016
- Glasgow Writer: James Connarty
- West End Festival 2016: Ten Writers Telling Lies, Sunday 19 June
- University of Glasgow: Centre for Open Studies: Ten Writers Telling Lies West End Festival 2016