Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
Photographs From Early 1980s – With Some History
Finnieston Corruna St and St Vincent Crescent
Now the hippest place in the UK according to some London papers but back them it was only beginning to recover from its lowest ebb as a multi-occupancy slum with a fair population of ladies of the night, criminals and others around.
St Andrews by the Green
The first Episcopal church in Glasgow built after the Reformation, now restored as GOMA offices. The mason who built it was excommunicated by the Glasgow Presbytery and it was knows as the Whistlin Kirk, as it was the first in Glasgow with an organ. (Kist o Whistles= Old Scots for an organ)
The Ore Terminal
We awoke one morning to a loud bang as these were demolished and later dismantled. That was where the iron ore for Ravenscraig steel works had come in till then.
The area is now covered with flats, cinemas, restaurants.
The Pump House
Queen’s Dock, now the Clydeside Distillery. Offices and also the original location of the steam pump which raised and lowered the bridges at the docks.
The architect was John Carrick, the City Engineer, to an Italianate design.
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Performance Cancelled by Pat Byrne
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Cake At Number 8: Cupcakes Against Covid
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Mother India Cafe – Takeaway and Uber Eats
- Helen Rose’s Outdoor Diary: Binghams Pond and Dawsholm Park
- Film Friday Art in the Archive National Library of Scotland
- Fiona Alderman: Stuck in Salignac and Just Waiting
- Oscar, Bravo! – live streaming Street Level Photoworks on Facebook
- A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A DANCING ANIMAL poem by Brian Whittingham
- Bob Law’s Blog: Scotland – Walking and Photography Lunderston Bay To Kip Marina
- Teachers and Volunteers at Hyndland Secondary School Sewing Hospital Scrubs
- Beatson puts fun into fundraising – online quizz
- Helen Rose Outdoor Diary Renton to Balloch. April 2020
- Second charity helicopter air ambulance launched in Scotland
- Houlihan Pharmacy launches Automated Prescription Collection Service.
- The Glasgow Diet – Documentary on History of Food fundraiser