Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
Photographs From Early 1980s – With Some History
Finnieston Corruna St and St Vincent Crescent
Now the hippest place in the UK according to some London papers but back them it was only beginning to recover from its lowest ebb as a multi-occupancy slum with a fair population of ladies of the night, criminals and others around.
St Andrews by the Green
The first Episcopal church in Glasgow built after the Reformation, now restored as GOMA offices. The mason who built it was excommunicated by the Glasgow Presbytery and it was knows as the Whistlin Kirk, as it was the first in Glasgow with an organ. (Kist o Whistles= Old Scots for an organ)
The Ore Terminal
We awoke one morning to a loud bang as these were demolished and later dismantled. That was where the iron ore for Ravenscraig steel works had come in till then.
The area is now covered with flats, cinemas, restaurants.
The Pump House
Queen’s Dock, now the Clydeside Distillery. Offices and also the original location of the steam pump which raised and lowered the bridges at the docks.
The architect was John Carrick, the City Engineer, to an Italianate design.
- David Attenborough ‘A Life On Our Planet’ film screening
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Takeaway and Uber Eats
- French Film Festival 2020 – Online
- Book Week Scotland 2020
- I Like Your Hat – book launch with Magi Gibson
- Hand Made Guitars – Glasgow
- Glasgow Film Festival 2021
- Bob Law: North Pollok Walk, Glasgow
- Creative Conversations: Elizabeth Reeder
- Remembering Alasdair Gray / Paradise
- Landmarks: Hugh MacDiarmid’s Brownsbank
- Welcome to Hgff20 with Co-Directors Eirene Houston and Hugo Rivalt
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance – Online Presentations
- Creative Conversations: Daisy Lafarge
- Window Wanderland – Windows of Wonder Glasgow
- Ghost Stories from Around the World
- Glasgow Science Centre Spooktacular 2020
- ‘Words From Battlefield’ – Book Launch
- Reimagining Our Economy – Screening Woodlands Community
- Africa in Motion Film Festival 2020