Blueprint – Scottish Independent Cinema The Gaelic King, CCA
Tue 19 December 2017
7.30pm, £6.50 + £1 booking fee, Cinema
Book online / 0141 352 4900
Blueprint collaborates with Fellowship Film to continue its promotion of super independent Scottish feature films.
The Gaelic King is set in the dark ages of 800AD Scotland and tells the story of young warrior-king Alpin mac Eachdach. When his family is murdered by a rival Pict king, Alpin and his infant brother, Finn, are the sole survivors. Alpin swears one day to return, seeking vengeance on the Picts and regain the Gael kingdom of Dalriata. Ten years later Alpin and Finn, disguised as civilians, come across a community oppressed by the mysterious dark ‘Shadows’. Children are being kidnapped and the villagers hide in fear. When Finn is captured, Alpin sets out to rescue him accompanied by a garrulous druid-monk Lachlan, beginning a heart-wrenching adventure, leading to a final epic battle between Alpin and Nathara, the sorceress who awoke and controls the Shadows. The Gaelic King is an epic fantasy adventure with ambitions way beyond its modest production and aspires to Tolkien grandiosity fusing history and mythology in a compelling narrative.
Written, produced, and directed by a team of five cousins, Fellowship Film demonstrates once again the ambition and tenacity of Scottish filmmakers working without institutional support. The film has already secured international home media release with 4 Digital Media and Blueprint is delighted to present if for the first time in a cinema.
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
Glasgow G2 3JD
This section: Cinema
Filed under: Cinema
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival, School of Rock, Blythswood Hall.
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival, 10 Anniversary Edition Programme (2018)
- Hearts Beat Loud, GFT
- I would rather be a cyborg than a goddess, Govanhill Picture House
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival – 10th Anniversary
- The Murder of Mr Devil, GFT
- Le Crime de Monsieur Lange, GFT
- The Escape, GFT
- The Heiresses, GFT
- The Negotiator, GFT
- John Waters’ Polyester – Launch of Scalarama Programme 2018
- Death Watch, Botanic Gardens, Glasgow
- The Eyes of Orson Welles, GFT
- Cinemasters: Alfred Hitchcock Season at GFT 2018
- Pope Francis: Man of His Word, GFT
- Festival 2018, Berlin on Screen GFT
- Tracking Edith, GFT
- BlackKklansman Special Screening, GFT
- Back to the Future, Botanic Gardens, Glasgow
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Botanic Gardens, Glasgow