Blue Rose Code at Celtic Connections 2018 photos and review Pauline Keightley
Blue Rose Code (aka Ross Wilson) performed at Celtic Connections supporting Beth Orton. Ross commanded the ABC stage as he sang with a full band line up. He performed songs from his new 2017 album Water of Leith, as well as other fan favourites. In some memorable songs he connected to his Scottish roots and brought in the lovely Gaelic voices of Kathleen McInnes and Julie Fowlis – Sandaig, Passing Places, Love Is and Edina– more of this please!
His Celtic soul sound mixes smooth rhythms appear to be influenced by John Martyn’s soul and blues and Motown. His voice and songs have soul, emotion and are filled with hope. Ross is an exciting young talent and I look forward to hearing more of him in the fuutre. . He was great fun to shoot, with the run and energy he puts into his set!
Photos Pauline Keightley pkimage.co.uk
- Transatlantic Sessions Celtic Connections 2018 photographs and review by Pauline Keightley
- Dick Gaughan Tribute Concert at Celtic Connections 2018 – photography and review Pauline Keightley
- Blue Rose Code at Celtic Connections 2018 photos and review Pauline Keightley
- Beth Orton at Celtic Connections 2018 review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Session A9 Celtic Connections 2018 review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Max Richter at Celtic Connections 2018 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- Alela Diane and Mick Flannery, Celtic Connections 2018 review by Pat Byrne
- Shawn Colvin Celtic Connections 2018 review and photographs Pauline Keightley
- Celtic Connections 25th Anniversary Opening Concert, review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Celtic Connections 2018 – Highlights from Scots Whay Hae!
- New additions to Celtic Connections Programme 2018
- Celtic Connections 2018 – Programme Launch