Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
Monday 19 February, 2018 – 1 – 2 PM
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Free & Open to the Public
Colin Herd is a poet and Lecturer in Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
His first collection of poems “too ok” was published by BlazeVOX in 2011. A pamphlet, “like”, was published by Knives, Forks and Spoons Press in 2011 and a second full-length collection ‘Glovebox’, was published by Knives Forks and Spoons Press in 2013.
In 2014, he read as part of the Auld Enemies tour of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, Lerwick and Kirkwall. In 2015, a book of collaborations with SJ Fowler based around the life and work of Oskar Kokoschka was published with support from the Austrian Cultural Forum.’
Click & Collect’ is new in 2017 from Boiler House Press, alongside a limited edition pamphlet Swamp Kiss, from Red Ceilings Press.
He has published over 60 reviews and articles on art and literature in publications including Aesthetica Magazine, 3:AM Magazine, PN:Review and The Independent. He has read and performed his work widely, including at Rich Mix Arts Centre, The Fruitmarket Gallery, Gay’s the Word Bookshop, Edinburgh University, Lancaster University and The Edinburgh International Book Festival.
In 2014, ‘Glovebox’ was highly commended in the Forward Prizes.
- Kirsteen Harvey Live, Cottiers
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Oscar Marzaroli Exhibition Streetworks
- Christmas at Glasgow Film Theatre 2019
- Matchbox Cineclub + Backseat Bingo Dial Code: Santa Claus + Secret Santa Party
- UKJF Why the Jews? + Starboy CCA
- Southern Exposure Utu CCA
- So Long, My Son GFT
- Knives Out GFT
- Honey Boy GFT
- The Forgotten Screening and Q & A
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End
- First events announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- The Pure Amazing Wiz of Oz Panto at Websters 2019
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Cinderella, Theatre School of Scotland
- Sounds in the Suburbs presents Leventime: A Celebration of Jackie Leven
- Carols in the Garden, Wilton Street, Glasgow West End
- Paisley Book Festival 2020