Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
Monday 19 February, 2018 – 1 – 2 PM
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Free & Open to the Public
Colin Herd is a poet and Lecturer in Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
His first collection of poems “too ok” was published by BlazeVOX in 2011. A pamphlet, “like”, was published by Knives, Forks and Spoons Press in 2011 and a second full-length collection ‘Glovebox’, was published by Knives Forks and Spoons Press in 2013.
In 2014, he read as part of the Auld Enemies tour of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, Lerwick and Kirkwall. In 2015, a book of collaborations with SJ Fowler based around the life and work of Oskar Kokoschka was published with support from the Austrian Cultural Forum.’
Click & Collect’ is new in 2017 from Boiler House Press, alongside a limited edition pamphlet Swamp Kiss, from Red Ceilings Press.
He has published over 60 reviews and articles on art and literature in publications including Aesthetica Magazine, 3:AM Magazine, PN:Review and The Independent. He has read and performed his work widely, including at Rich Mix Arts Centre, The Fruitmarket Gallery, Gay’s the Word Bookshop, Edinburgh University, Lancaster University and The Edinburgh International Book Festival.
In 2014, ‘Glovebox’ was highly commended in the Forward Prizes.
- New Patterns for Paisley, Paisley Book Festival
- What It Means To Overcome – Paisley Film Festival
- Paisley Book Festival – A Kist of Thistles
- Film Festival Institut Francais
- How Does It Feel To Be Loved – Virtual Dance Party
- Interactive Map – Global Burns Suppers
- The Burns Supper Addressed Burns Centre University of Glasgow
- Hannah Lavery Creative Conversations
- The Acoustic Night Special Nice ‘n’ Sleazy
- The World I Fell Out Of – Melanie Reid
- Vivian French and The Giant’s Tea Party
- COP26 Global Event In Glasgow – Seeks Volunteers
- Fright Fest Glasgow Film Festival Online 2021
- Believe in Scotland Virtual Burns Supper
- A Virtual Burns Night Edinburgh Castle
- Burns Celebration Online Tannahill Centre
- Janey Godley’s Big Burns Supper Online
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Bemis – Celtic Connections in the Community
- Opening Celebration Concert Celtic Connections Online 2021