Colin Herd, Poet at Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
Monday 19 February, 2018 – 1 – 2 PM
University Chapel, West Quadrangle, Main Building Gilmorehill Campus, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Free & Open to the Public
Colin Herd is a poet and Lecturer in Creative Writing at University of Glasgow.
His first collection of poems “too ok” was published by BlazeVOX in 2011. A pamphlet, “like”, was published by Knives, Forks and Spoons Press in 2011 and a second full-length collection ‘Glovebox’, was published by Knives Forks and Spoons Press in 2013.
In 2014, he read as part of the Auld Enemies tour of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dundee, Lerwick and Kirkwall. In 2015, a book of collaborations with SJ Fowler based around the life and work of Oskar Kokoschka was published with support from the Austrian Cultural Forum.’
Click & Collect’ is new in 2017 from Boiler House Press, alongside a limited edition pamphlet Swamp Kiss, from Red Ceilings Press.
He has published over 60 reviews and articles on art and literature in publications including Aesthetica Magazine, 3:AM Magazine, PN:Review and The Independent. He has read and performed his work widely, including at Rich Mix Arts Centre, The Fruitmarket Gallery, Gay’s the Word Bookshop, Edinburgh University, Lancaster University and The Edinburgh International Book Festival.
In 2014, ‘Glovebox’ was highly commended in the Forward Prizes.
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- ‘Here Comes The Moon’ – live stream single launch Starry Skies