Young Writers, What does it take to be a writer?
24 November, 2018 – 1.15 p.m. until 3.45 p.m.
Free event – lunch included . Register online.
Scottish Youth Theatre, 105 Brunswick Street, Glasgow G1 1TF
So you’ve written a poem?
If you’re an emerging writer aged16-18, come along and put your questions to the panel of writers and publishing professionals. Meet other writer and find out what your next steps are.
Entering the world as a writer can feel like a daunting and sometimes inaccessible path when considering it as a career option. But fear not, those who bravely put pen to paper! We at conFAB have put together a panel of experts to talk about the good, the bad and the publishing of creative writing and poetry.
How do you earn money as a writer?
How can you get your writing published?
Is there support for young writers?
How do you know if you’re any good?
Come and find out the answers to these questions and more on the 24th of November at the Scottish Youth Theatre as our panel of poets and publishing professionals discuss all things writing.
This section: Kids and young people
Filed under: Kids and young people
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Learn Gaelic – Family Fun Session at NLS Kelvinhall
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Christmas Play in a Day, for kids Hillhead Library
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- Take 2: Miniscule Adventure GFT
- G20 and The Children’s Wood Christmas Fair
- Let’s Go Green Family Day Kelvin Hall
- Halloween at The Children’s Wood and Meadow 2019
- Soft Play Area and Clip and Climb Kelvin Hall
- Take 2: Charming
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2019
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- G20 Festival GBX Fundraiser
- Bowled Over, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Pinolino Puppet Show and Story Telling
- Princess Mononoke at Studio Ghibli Season GFT
- G20 Youth Festival – Raising Funds
- Back to the future: 1979-1989 Film Screenings at Kelvin Hall
- The Magic Circus, Websters Theatre