Young Writers, What does it take to be a writer?
24 November, 2018 – 1.15 p.m. until 3.45 p.m.
Free event – lunch included . Register online.
Scottish Youth Theatre, 105 Brunswick Street, Glasgow G1 1TF
So you’ve written a poem?
If you’re an emerging writer aged16-18, come along and put your questions to the panel of writers and publishing professionals. Meet other writer and find out what your next steps are.
Entering the world as a writer can feel like a daunting and sometimes inaccessible path when considering it as a career option. But fear not, those who bravely put pen to paper! We at conFAB have put together a panel of experts to talk about the good, the bad and the publishing of creative writing and poetry.
How do you earn money as a writer?
How can you get your writing published?
Is there support for young writers?
How do you know if you’re any good?
Come and find out the answers to these questions and more on the 24th of November at the Scottish Youth Theatre as our panel of poets and publishing professionals discuss all things writing.
This section: Kids and young people
Filed under: Kids and young people
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Particle Wave – Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Wee Write 2022
- Circus Extreme in Glasgow
- Young Walter Scott Prizewinners 2022
- Wee Write 2022
- Kelvin Hall Relaunch
- Family Fun Day – Milton Community Garden
- The Children’s Wood has officially taken over management
- Acting Up – Drama Workshops for Children and Young People
- Extinction Rebellion Glasgow University Meeting
- Vivace Theatre School, Annual Junior Theatre Production
- Oh Aye It Is!
- The McDougalls Christmas Singalong
- Christmas Festival Finn’s Place
- The Wizard of Oz Panto –Jazz Hands
- C7 Christmas Spectacular: A Jangle Journey
- Lego Build The Change – University of Strathclyde
- Climate Emergency Newsroom, University of Glasgow
- Hallowe’en – Spooky Kelvindale Woods