Young Writers, What does it take to be a writer?
24 November, 2018 – 1.15 p.m. until 3.45 p.m.
Free event – lunch included . Register online.
Scottish Youth Theatre, 105 Brunswick Street, Glasgow G1 1TF
So you’ve written a poem?
If you’re an emerging writer aged16-18, come along and put your questions to the panel of writers and publishing professionals. Meet other writer and find out what your next steps are.
Entering the world as a writer can feel like a daunting and sometimes inaccessible path when considering it as a career option. But fear not, those who bravely put pen to paper! We at conFAB have put together a panel of experts to talk about the good, the bad and the publishing of creative writing and poetry.
How do you earn money as a writer?
How can you get your writing published?
Is there support for young writers?
How do you know if you’re any good?
Come and find out the answers to these questions and more on the 24th of November at the Scottish Youth Theatre as our panel of poets and publishing professionals discuss all things writing.
This section: Kids and young people
Filed under: Kids and young people
- Vivian French and The Giant’s Tea Party
- Halloween Window Wanderland Anderston
- Halloween Apocalypse Glasgow
- Window Wanderland – Windows of Wonder Glasgow
- Loch Lomond Faerie Trail, Halloween 2020
- The Haunted Concert Hall
- Glasgow Science Centre Spooktacular 2020
- Science on the Sofa – Activities for Kids
- Fly your flag in Woodlands!
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Edinburgh Book Festival Julia Donaldson, Axel Scheffler and Nick Sharratt
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Do You Remember Marseilles Charity Single
- Glasgow Youth Film Festival – Top Documentary Picks for Young People
- G20 Festival – U Fix It Cafe and Clothes Swop
- Take 2: Spies in Disguise, GFT
- Campire Club Rousing Rebels, Paisley
- Learn Gaelic – Family Fun Session at NLS Kelvinhall