Folklub – Kirsty Law plus Suas, The Old Hairdressers
17 May, 2018
Kirsty Law is an innovative Scottish singer and song-maker who draws on Scots musical traditions whilst collaborating with artists of different mediums. Her latest album project ‘Young Night Thought’ is an audiovisual exploration of the ‘inner child’ concept through folklore song and film. Working with Kirsty on this exciting venture are filmmaker Daniel Warren, painter Kirsty Whiten and record producer Ben Seal.
On this album Kirsty is backed by pedal harpist Esther Swift (Twelfth Day) and drummer Owen Curtis Williams (Withered Hand), as well as being joined by guest singers Jarlath Henderson, Carla Easton (TeenCanteen) and Karine Polwart, with whom she also did a special co-write.
As the trio tour the show around the country, they will take with them a short film and a triptych of paintings that have been created in parallel with this album of original songs.
‘a spellbinding new album…’ Max Reinhardt BBC Radio 3 Late Junction
‘Beautiful and fiesty… a musician doing things her own way’ Karine Polwar
Suas are a Glasgow based band who learned their craft in different areas of Scotland, and use these disparate influences to create uplifting music inspired by their individual places and culture
Glasgow’s Irish scene is very much represented in the final product, in equal measure with the Highland culture of the North West and everything in between.
The Old Hairdressers, 27 Renfield Lane, G2 5AR
Tickets and information – Event on Facebook
- Scenes for Survival Courier Culture
- G20 Festival Safe Play for Children Under 11
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Climate Change The Facts David Attenborough Savvy Film
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Food Truck and Craft Beer Festival Rouken Glen
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- World Refugee Day Saturday 20 June, 2020
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- French Film Festival UK November – December 2020
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community