Woodlands Community Development Trust, May Events 2014
SUNDAY 18th MAY, 1-3pm
Join us in the garden this Sunday for a fundraising picnic jointly hosted by Woodlands Garden and West End ACTS. Serving up freshly made seasonal soup, sensational salads, tea and tasty cakes. With the chance to win prizes in a raffle, buy our new hand designed garden T shirts and buy a plant or seedlings to take home. There will also be children’s activities to explore Scotlands Big Five as part of Scotland’s Nature Festival. All proceeds on the day go to support our Local Food Social Support Project, that tackles food poverty through increasing access to fresh, local and and healthy food.
BIO-DIVERSE IS GOING WILD!
Our Bio-diverse Project over the next 6 months is going WILD! and Celebrating Nature in the City. We’ll have our usual mix of walks, talks and family fun sessions but also running some inspiring art workshops to help celebrate nature on your doorstep.
This month on Friday 23rd May we are teaming up with RSPB and a host of other conservation organisations to take part in KELVINGROVE PARK BIO-BLITZ. There will be dawn bird survey, bird walks, an epic survey of wildlife in the park and bat and moth walk. Information and booking details
You can visit our website events page for details of Bio-diverse events happening in June
FREE POP UP COMMUNITY CAFE
“A Really Friendly Welcome”
Our food hub project provides free healthy meals, information and support to people affected by cuts in welfare or who otherwise are struggling to make ends meet. People in need of support can attend our food hubs without the need for a referral or voucher.
Dates Coming Up:
Monday 19th May 6-8pm at Windsor Hall, 1 Windsor Street, G20 7NA
Sunday 25th May 12-3pm at Fred Paton Centre, 19 Carrington Street, G4 9AJ
From June onwards our free pop up community cafe will be happening every Monday evening from 6-8pm at Windsor Hall and on the second Saturday of the month at the Albany Centre
for more information get in touch via email
This section: Kids and young people, Woodlands Community Garden
- Vivian French and The Giant’s Tea Party
- Winter Art Club for Kids – Paper Bag Portraits
- James McAvoy Edinburgh Youth Theatre – Masterclass
- GFT – Film resources for primary school children at home
- Halloween Window Wanderland Anderston
- Halloween Apocalypse Glasgow
- Window Wanderland – Windows of Wonder Glasgow
- Loch Lomond Faerie Trail, Halloween 2020
- The Haunted Concert Hall
- Glasgow Science Centre Spooktacular 2020
- Being Together: Book Free Outdoor Space – Woodlands Community Garden
- Reimagining Our Economy – Screening Woodlands Community
- Science on the Sofa – Activities for Kids
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- Fly your flag in Woodlands!
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Woodlands Community Family Cycling Bike Seat and Trailer Taster
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Celebrating Ten Years of Woodlands Community Garden