West End Festival: Continues until 29th June, 2014
The West End Festival runs until Sunday, 29 June, so there’s still plenty of time to book yourself tickets for a film, attend one of our literary events, go to a Cottier Chamber Project concert or pick one of the other 200+ events in the programme.
Get your dancing shoes on!
22 – 27 June
Glasgow’s only professional dance festival, the Cottier Dance Project is the new, curated dance strand of the West End Festival. In partnership with the Cottier Chamber Project, the Cottier Dance Project aims to champion Scottish-based choreographers and dancers, to provide a platform for new work and to forge new collaborations across the arts to create and develop original performance pieces.
Film screenings, live performances and dance classes are all part of the new project.
Cottier Chamber Project
Concerts until 20 June
From Bite-Sized Bach to Daniel’s Beard, RSNO and Red Note Ensemble, Cottier Chamber Project offer a packed programme of events.
CCP will also embark on a three-year project to perform all of Shostakovich’s string quartets in the” Currie and Quirk Shostakovich Series”, involving five different ensembles!
Tickets available from Hillhead Library or buy online
Get fit networking!
Thursday 19 Jun 7:00pm Thursday 26 Jun 7:00pm at Western Baths
Is work getting in the way of your health and fitness? Feel like you don’t have the time to exercise or get fit? Come along to this free networking opportunity. Spend time with fellow professionals who have struck that life/work balance to find out how people in the same situation have managed their time in order to stay fit, healthy and get the best from themselves at work and beyond. Free places must be pre-booked at Western Baths or by emailing email@example.com
The Hidden Lane Festival
Saturday 21 and Sunday 22 June
The best of The Hidden Lane’s creative community is celebrated in this free, two day event in the marvellous tucked-away world in Finnieston. Market stalls, live music, DJ’s, licensed bars featuring craft beers and food from Scoop’s retro kitchen caravan and So La Ti Dough’s wood burning pizza oven. More information
West End Festival all-dayer
Sunday, 29 June
Oran Mor from 4pm
Now a regular feature in the Festival’s programme, Oran Mor’s third annual West End Festival All-Dayer will again bring together 14 great Scottish acts over three stages in the one building. The Vaselines have been announced as headliners with stellar support from There Will Be Fireworks, Holy Esque and Laura St Jude.
Re-vamp old furniture
On until 27 June, furniture decorating workshops take place at ChouChou Chateau, Dumbarton Road.
Revamp your brown furniture. Learn to use decal, transfers and other techniques to creatively revamp your brown furniture. Using Autentico Vintage Chalk paint. You don’t have to sand, prime or prep. During the class, you’ll learn the basics of furniture painting, and how to bring an authentic vintage feel to your furniture. Everything supplied. Ticket includes snacks and prosecco. Book in advance.
This section: West End Festival 2014
Filed under: West End Festival 2014
- Natural Resistance CCA Wed 18 May 2016
- My Skinny Sister 5 – 7 January, 2015 GFT
- Raintown and Guests C C Music Otago Street, 14 June, 2015
- 20th West End Festival launches with celeb support and biggest line-up yet
- The Children’s Wood, Great Food Festival and Gala, 7 June, 2015
- West End Festival: All over for another year
- West End Festival Closing Event at Kelvingrove Bandstand Sunday 29th June
- Cottiers Dance Project, 26 June, 2014
- Mary Ann Kennedy, Lorne Macdougall and Finlay Wells Kelvinside Hillhead Church Friday 27 June
- Terry Neason: Celtic Kisses, Slaps ‘n’ Tickles, OranMor, Thu 26th Of Jun 2014
- Queen Margaret Drive Gala West End Festival 28 and 29 June
- St Louis Wee Literary Festival, Crime Night, Alex Gray Wed 25 June
- Final Week West End Festival 2014
- Comedy, Cocktails & Canapes Oran Mor 25th June
- Allotments Open Day, West End Festival 2014
- West End Festival: Literary Event, Partners in Crime at Cottiers 29 June
- Bring Your Own Seat Cinema: Chariots of Fire, University of Glasgow, Saturday 28 Jun 9:30pm
- A West End Festival Wander, June 2014
- West End Festival: Spotlight on Cinemas, Partick Library 17 June 6.30 p.m.
- The Cottier Chamber Project Bite-Sized Bach Alison McGillivray Hunterian Art Gallery 16 Jun 1.10 p.m.