VictimFocus Academy Free Conferences in Glasgow 2019
3 July, 2019
Glasgow City Halls, Candleriggs, Glasgow G1 1NQ
Jessica Eaton and special guests tour the UK with a set of free conferences for professionals working in trauma and abuse.
This exciting event celebrates the launch of the VictimFocus Academy and Resources Collection, an innovative new international service providing evidenced, critical and ethical resources, tools, books and products. The new collection of resources and education aim to support the field to improve our responses to people who have experienced violence, abuse and trauma.
With a focus on developing professionals and students towards anti-victim blaming, anti-stigma, traum informed and strengths based approaches, Jessica Eaton will present discussion, debate and findings from her work and from her new resources and services. VictimFocus business model is an ethical approach to provision of resources and education, with much of the new products being completely free and with all products being priced to be very affordable.
These events are first-come-first-served and you may not order more than three tickets at a time. There are a number of events across the UK and each will have a different amount of tickets available due to venue differences. Special guest speakers will be announced in February 2019.
You can choose from three types of tickets:
1. FREE TICKET – completely free to enter
2. DONATION TICKET – free ticket but at checkout, you can choose a donation amount from £1.00 to support this event and the development of resources
3. RESOURCES COLLECTION TICKET – £99.00 gives you your free entry AND a hamper of exclusive VictimFocus Resources, Books, Toolkits and Handbooks for professionals and survivors! This collection will save you up to 80% on the RRP if you bought them all separately. Exciting!
This section: Classes and Workshops
Filed under: Classes and Workshops
- Waxing Lyrical: The Power of the Printed Cloth in Africa
- Mòd 2019 National Theatre of Scotland – Rocket Post screening + family drama workshop
- Woodlands Community Gardens, Storytelling Circle ‘Tell A Story’ Workshop
- 48 Hours Film Project Part 1 GFT
- Mòd 2019: Gaelic Conversation Café Public CCA
- Careers in Film – Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Stone Carving Workshop Glasgow
- Love to Learn Open Day Glasgow Clyde College
- Series of Creative Writing Masterclasses
- Mind and Draw Live Music and Poetry Art Sessions at WEvolution
- University of Glasgow Short Courses Open Evening 2019
- Gypsy Music Short Course
- Young at Heart Dance for Over 50s
- Have A Go – Calligraphy at The Mitchell Library
- Scalarama Press/Marketing and Design
- Some things want to run V/DA | Sonic Séance: The Gathering CCA
- An Afternoon of Fiction, Poetry and Performance
- Seeds of Thought – Creative Writing
- Micaela Maftei and Laura Tansley Collaborative Writing Workshops
- Mackintosh Still Life Drawing