The Trumbo Season at the GFT, February, 2016
The Trumbo Season at the Glasgow Film Theatre
Dalton Trumbo wrote some of Hollywood’s most famous pictures, from the immortal epic Spartacus to Academy Award winners The Brave One and Roman Holiday. However, he did not receive credit for these films upon their release, and instead found himself on the Hollywood blacklist for ‘Un-American Activities’ during the country’s infamous investigations into communism. Breaking Bad’s Bryan Cranston brings the famed screenwriter to the screen in warm biopic Trumbo, and GFT are also screening a new digital print of The Front, as well as Spartacus, Papillon, and Roman Holiday to mark the legacy of the great screenwriter.
New digital-print of Martin Ritt’s comedy-drama.
Monday 1 (16.00/20.40) & Tuesday 2 February (18.10)
Running time: 1h35m
Breaking Bad’s Bryan Cranston stars as Dalton Trumbo.
Friday 5 – Wednesday 17 February
Running time: 2h4m
Stanley Kubrick’s Spartacus is a defining classic.
Sunday 7 February (13.00)
Running time: 3h16m
Roman Holiday (U)
Audrey Hepburn dazzles in her first Hollywood role.
Tuesday 9 February (17.40)
Running time: 1h58m
A classic drama of endurance and camaraderie.
Tuesday 16 February (17.45)
Running time: 1h31m
12 Rose Street, G3 6RB
- Mansfield Park Street Festival
- Glasgow Mela 2022
- Aye Write: Karen Campbell and Nataliya Deleva
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Outi and Nico at Tchai Ovna
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Grease The Musical at Websters Theatre Glasgow West End
- Bend It Like Bertie at Websters
- Wake Up Punk at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Cabaret – 50th Anniversary at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wild Men at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Creative Conversations: Michael Pederson
- Aye Write: The Kavya Prize
- Aye Write: Graeme Thomson with John Dingwall
- Particle Wave – Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Aye Write: Beyond the Swelkie
- CARLA Book Launch at tell it slant