The Thistle Gallery: Charismatic Catalonian artist Miquel Torner de Semir until 8th November, 2015
56 Park Rd, Glasgow G4 9JF
Charismatic Catalonian artist Miquel Torner de Semir has nine of his extraordinary paintings currently in the Thistle Gallery in Park Road but for a limited two week run only until November 8th.
His works are in numerous public collections in Spain including the Museum of the Royal Mint and are highly sought after by art collectors internationally.
Often working in collage he uses musical score, canvas and lace to add structure, texture and depth to his work. Torner de Semir’s work bridges the gap between the old and the new and his influence from Gothic stained glass can clearly be seen. By the use of thick black lines to outline his figures he creates paintings within paintings and his use of truly vivid, neon colours link these windows to the modern world. Influenced by his contemporary Picasso, his passion for the historical, as well as the modern, is ever present.
Internationally renowned he was honoured in 2003 and commissioned to design a postage stamp to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Spanish Constitution.
Gallery owner Carol Dunbar said this week:
‘it’s both a privilege and a pleasure for our Gallery to be exhibiting this prestigious artist’s work in Glasgow. His rich, vivid colourful exhibits are dynamic and dramatic and each work is a statement piece in its own right. And we’re grateful to Tracey McNee Fine Art for facilitating the event.’
Thistle Gallery, 56 Park Rd, Glasgow G4 9JF
This section: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
Filed under: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow
- Artists’ Christmas Fayre
- Stage and Screen Exhibition at The Hunterian
- A Stone, A Spark and A Shard of Glass Exhibition
- The Lush Exhibition – Project-Ability
- Colour Stories of the Glasgow Style, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- ‘Revolutionary Colour: A Tour of British Art’, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum
- Glasgow Doors Open Days – It Was The Loom That Broke My Heart
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club, Art Show, Ardardan Garden Centre
- Wednesday Wanders at The Whisky Bond
- GI Oils Exhibition – From East to West
- Sogo Arts – Art by Tommy
- Drawing Together Project – Refugee Festival Scotland
- Banksy at GOMA – Cut and Run
- Paintings on Railings at West Fest
- Robert Burns Photography Exhibition – A Window On Ukraine
- REVEAL – previously Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair
- Mary Quant Fashion Revolutionary at Kelvingrove Art Gallery
- A Rare Glimpse of Shakespeare’s First Folio at The Hunterian Art Gallery
- Maryhill is Wonderful – photography exhibition of the people of Maryhill
- The Love of Print – Kelvingrove Art Gallery