The Big Clothes Swop at the Ice Box
Saturday, 13 April, 2019 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The Ice Box Arts and Music Centre, Unit 2 St Lukes Business Estate, Gorbals, Glasgow G5 0TS
Here it is, our giant clothes swap at The Ice Box! We will be holding one of these swap days every six weeks, it’s a great way to get some new clothes without breaking the bank, and encourages sustainability and recycling! Please do invite yer mates along too!
Not only that, but we will also have someone on hand with sewing machines doing some basic stitching and repairs, and we will also have someone teaching some basic sewing and repair skills on the day for those wanting to learn. Even better is that at the end of the day, all clothing left goes right to the chosen charity for that day! (We will even let you choose what charity it goes to on the event page of each swap day!)
The rules are simple, you bring two items you don’t want and swap for one, and you can do that in multiples of two (so if you bring 8 you get 4, there is no cap on that as the charity benefits after all). There will be clothing for both men and women, and children too, and you can even bring handbags, shoes and accessories! Please make sure the clothes you bring are clean and wearable (so not too damaged please!) just so someone else can get some use out of them and love them as much as you have!
Entry is £2 on the door (under 14’s go free!) between 12 and 4 – and we have a special two hour early-bird entry between 10 and 12, which is £4 and ticketed only, so if you want to be an early clothes swapper, check the ticket link and book your space (tickets will be limited).
Soft drinks and snacks will also be available to purchase inside.
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
Filed under: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers
- St Andrew’s Day– Torchlight Parade
- West End Festival 2021
- Family Weekender at Websters
- Screening: It’s Not All Rock and Roll
- Glasgow’s Golden Generation – October Bunjee Jump
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Unchained Comedy Club at McChuills
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables