Tai Chi Classes at Hillhead Sports Club
Tai Chi with Mari Graham
Hillhead Sports Club
Mondays, 1.30 p.m. October, 2018
Tai Chi is an ancient system of exercise, suitable for all ages and abilities. The muscles and joints are in motion, the slow continuous natural movements smoothly linked together.
Builds strength, helps with posture, flexibility, stamina, circulation and breathing.
Alleviates the symptoms of arthritis, improves balance – reducing falls in older people.
Helps you to relax and sleep better. Reduces depression, stress and anxiety.
About Mari Graham
The Tai Chi instructor, Mari Graham, studied under Dr Pan Feng from Beijing University for two years. She has 25 years experience teaching Tai Chi nationally and internationally. She is a member of the TAI CHI UNION FOR GREAT BRITAIN.
The classes will take place at Hillhead Sports Centre, 32 Hughenden Road, Glasgow G12 9XP
To book: Telephone: 07500 430 041
Suitable for all ages and abilities.
Wear loose, comfortable clothing. Light shoes with no heels. Bring a bottle of water.
Classes commence on Monday 15th October and will run Mondays 1.30 p.m. for three weeks, with further classes planned for November.
This section: Classes and Workshops, Sport, Walks, Cycling in Glasgow
- Winter Art Club for Kids – Paper Bag Portraits
- James McAvoy Edinburgh Youth Theatre – Masterclass
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- Woodlands Community Family Cycling Bike Seat and Trailer Taster
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Bike Maintenance Class Woodlands Community
- Looking After Mental Wellbeing
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Learn How To Use Moving Image Archive, National Library of Scotland
- Historic Significance of Ellisland Farm, Centre for Robert Burns
- Woodlands Community – Free Zoom Meditation and Discussion
- New Life Gym, Maryhill, Glasgow
- International Women’s Day Glasgow 2020 – Bike for Good