Fiona Burns Mindfulness Course Hillhead Sports Club
Six week course costs starts on Friday 26 October, 2018
Fridays 10am til 12 noon until Friday 30 November.
Hillhead Sports Club, 32 Hughenden Road, G12 9PX.
About Fiona Burns Mindfulness
We can’t change what happens in our lives, but we do have the power to change how we react to what happens. Mindfulness has become a bit of a buzzword in recent times, but the good news is it really can help with managing stress and being less caught up with past events or worrying about the future. Mindfulness helps us to become aware of what is going on with our thoughts and emotions and with this awareness we can start to change our habitual patterns of unhelpful thinking.
Fiona Burns is trained in teaching mindfulness and has a PGDip in Mindfulness from the University of Aberdeen. While mindfulness has its roots in Buddhism, Fiona’s approach is secular and evidence based.
Fiona is running a six week course intended for beginners with little or no experience of mindfulness who want to learn some techniques for dealing with the stress of everyday life and work. However anyone who has previously tried mindfulness and wants a reminder of the practices is also welcome to come along. It takes at least six weeks to establish the mindfulness habit, so coming along to a course now can help get that habit going before the madness of the Festive Season kicks in. Monthly workshops are also available to help maintain the mindfulness habit after completion of the six week course. For those who would prefer one to one mindfulness coaching this can be arranged.
The course cost is £75. Joining after first week is possible.
Please let Fiona know if you are interested in attending.
Tel: 07967 115248
- Befriending Food Experience Celebrate St Andrew’s Day
- Glasgow Hospitals Christmas Concert 2019 Royal Concert Hall
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Winter Fine Art and Antiques Auction, Great Western Auction
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Artists Moving Image Festival The Tramway
- The Lying King – Glasgow Christmas 2019
- First a Girl, GFT
- Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool GFT
- 2040 at GFT
- Pity Party Film Club I Shot Andy Warhol CCA
- Queer Classics & Matchbox Cineclub City of Lost Souls CCA
- Alan Ereira ALUNA – screening and talk CCA
- Cooking Pot Biting the Hand that Feeds, CCA
- UK Jewish Film Festival 2019 at GFT Glasgow
- Leona GFT
- Depeche Mode Spirits in the Forest
- Michael Hutchence: Mystify GFT