Starry Skies Album Launch, OranMor Review by Pat Byrne
‘Be Kind’ Warren McIntyre Album Launch OranMor – review Pat Byrne
‘Warren McIntyre’s gig to launch his album, ‘Be Kind’ – a night to remember.’
Special guest Woody Pines, Nashville troubadour in town for Glasgow Americana Festival, kicked off this memorable gig. He entertained the audience with great roots music, his dobro guitar and the unique down home swing he’s made his own.
There was already a great atmosphere when Warren took to the stage. Before the music started the audience listened attentively as the Glaswegian singer/songwriter explained the idea behind the album. The title song ‘Be Kind’, his own favourite, encapsulates Warren’s message about the need for more kindness in our day to day lives.
“It’s important, particularly in these times, where selfishness and greed run rampant, to stand up for others who need a helping hand and to call out against injustice and hatred. More peace and more love please.”
His simple message, sincerely delivered was warmly received and the feel good factor was almost tangible.
Warren’s vocals on the tender ballad ‘Be Kind’ were perfect and the upbeat numbers that followed created a real party vibe; the interplay between the many talented musicians who participated adding to the vibrancy of the gig. Joining Warren on stage were: Jonny Moondial, lead guitar, Heather Phillips, violin, Jonathen, bass, Noel, drums, Chiara Berardelli, piano, Sophie, viola, Jen, cello, Monica Queen vocals and Johnny Smillie, vocals.
It was a very special gig, which left the audience happy and hopefully set on spreading some kindness.
Pat Byrne, October 2018
More About Warren Starry Sky
Warren, apart from being a terrific performer and songwriter continues to impact significantly on Glasgow’s music scene organising and promoting events at the Seven Song Club, The Tron Theatre and various festivals and charity events such as:
Many Singers Many Songs’ 24 November, 2018 – Maryhill Central Halls, Glasgow
BUY ‘BE KIND’ BY WARREN MCINTYRE
Warren Starry Skies will play Rough Trade East, Brick Lane, London on 20th October, 2018
Starry Skies Album Launch, OranMor 6 October, 2018
Note change of venue to OranMor, Top of Byres Road, G12 8QX
Plus support Woody Pines
This show is the album launch party for the new album, ‘Be Kind’ from the Starry Skies, who play a unique form of pop Americana, rollicking garage rock and tender balladry featuring the voice and songs of Warren McIntyre, a Glasgow-based singer/songwriter.
‘Be Kind’ is the follow-up to their critically acclaimed debut ‘Ask the Animals’ and was produced and engineered respectively by Glasgow musical luminaries Johnny Smillie and Stevie Jackson then mastered by Geoff Pesche at Abbey Road Studios.
“Sometimes it sounds like it’s the soundtrack for a Tarantino film…at other times the acoustic love songs make you believe you’re watching the next big American rom-com.”
7.45 p.m. Start – Doors 7.30 p.m.
Tickets £12 plus booking fee . 0141 201 5151
(Tickets bought for event at CCA still valid)
This section: Gig Guide plus Club Events, Music Reviews, Pat's Home Page Blog
- Luca Manning & Fergus McCreadie Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections & Fallen Angels Club: Danni Nicholls
- Isobel Campbell Isobel Campbell with Hannah Fisher & Sorren Maclean and Nina Violet Celtic Connections
- Celtic Connections: SHHE SHHE + GRISLY FAYE Hug and Pint
- Rachael Dadd, The Glad Cafe Celtic Connections
- The Wandering Hearts and Zoe Graham, Celtic Connections
- The Lucky Sparrow Games Cafe Open Day
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Celtic Connections 2020 – Fionnuala Boyle
- Benny Lynch Heritage Trail, Calton Bar
- Val McDermid Crime Writer – Creative Conversations
- Americana City Halls, Celtic Connections 2020
- Breabach @15 Celtic Connections 2020
- Grit Orchestra Opening Concert Celtic Connections 2020
- The Snow Queen Scottish Ballet
- The Pure Amazing Wiz of Oz review by Fionnuala Boyle
- The Glasgow Guild – Christmas 2019
- Mother India A La Carte Christmas Menu 2019
- Christmas Carousel The Platform
- Future Glue Christmas Party