Starchild Sunflower Sanctuary – Autism
Starchild’s dream has been to build a sanctuary for families and children affected by autism. The stigmas and myths that surround disabilities in Uganda are frankly horrendous with many being locked up, chained up, ridiculed, raped and abused. In many communities, they believe them to be cursed by the devil and the mother also. With the best will in the world, inclusion is not possible for most of these children at our school. It has, therefore, become apparent that we need to provide a holistic centre where these children and families can feel safe and supported. Where they can work together in their struggle to bring about a much-needed change in their culture, grow and develop skills and find love, acceptance and hope.
Starchild has recently been gifted land on the banks of the Nile in Jinja where they plan to build this sanctuary in memory of our beloved Rony Bridges.
Please watch video to see the difference we are making with this project already!
This section: Events, Fairs, Festivals and Fundraisers, Pat's Home Page Blog, Starchild
- Tony Singh: Glasgow Mela Food Cooking Demo
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Virtual Glasgow Mela 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Sounds in the Suburbs 5th Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Glasgow Museum’s Resource Centre: Glasgow’ Smallest Doors
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- From the Studio of Alasdair Gray – Sale Great Western Auctions
- Stories from the Briggait – Glasgow Doors Open Day
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- Hip Hop to Opera via Negro Spirituals
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- September Programme at G.FT.
- John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio
- The History of Scottish Pen – Online
- The Lady in the Portrait GFT