Payback Claire MacLeary
When police are called to a murder scene at the home of Aberdeen socialite Annabel Imray, they are under pressure to get a conviction, and fast. The last thing they want is the distraction of a series of baffling break-ins. The victims, all of them women, are terrorised: just how did the intruder know so much about them?
Meanwhile, local PIs Maggie Laird and Wilma Harcus are at rock bottom, their bills mounting. As Maggie prepares to sell her home and contemplates dissolving the agency, Wilma goes off-piste to get a loan. But when the clock starts ticking on repayment, she realises the price is too high.
And before long, Maggie herself is in grave danger. Wilma fears the worst. Can she find her before it’s too late?
Available from bookshops and online.
- Winter at Secession Bar, Websters
- Mother India – Glasgow
- The Nancy Smillie Shop – Glasgow West End
- Christmas Concert, Child Bereavement, Cottiers
- Express Your-elf Christmas Party
- Artists’ Christmas Fayre
- Now’s The Day Now’s The Hour – Poems for John Maclean
- Naomi Mitchison Lecture with Hannah Lavery
- From Page to Print: Shake the Kaleidoscope
- Steadfast Trickster Book Launch
- Double Vision: Double Voice Jim Ferguson
- Global Climate Change in September and October 2023
- Glasgow Film Festival – Year of Celebration
- Arthur’s Christmas Tale in aid of Shelter Scotland
- Kavya Prize New Writers Award Ceremony
- Celebrating Leela Soma and Murder at the Mela
- Story Cafe Milton Library, Book Week Scotland 2023
- Beyond The Battlefield Book Launch
- Book Week Scotland 2023 – Zoe Strachan
- Charlie Gracie, Belfast to Baillieston