Spirit of Revolt, Show and Tell – Workers City, The Mitchell
16 September, 2019 12 oon – 2 p.m.
A display of material from Spirit of Revolt collections and a discussion, led by Tommy Kayes with James Kelman, Brendan McLaughlin, Billy Clark, Michael Donnelly, Ruth Gillett, Paul Anderson, Euan Sutherland and others on the formation and actions of the Workers City group (1988 – 1993).
Blythswood Room, 5th Floor, The Mitchell Library, Glasgow.
To reserve a place call 0141 287 2999 visit the Granville Street reception desk, or come along on the day.
The Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Payback Claire MacLeary
- Murder at the Mela by Leela Soma
- Bloody Scotland 2020 – Debut Shortlist and McIlvanney Prize Longlist
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Anna (Young Adults Book) by Laura Guthrie
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- ‘Doors tae Naewye’ poetry by Christie Williamson
- Blessed Assurance by Stewart Ennis
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- A Celebration of Birds: Sharing stories, memories and hope
- Makar to Makar, Jackie Kay with Imtiaz Dharker and Suzanne Bonnar
- Life is too short online readings and recorded performances