Southside Film Festival: The Gorbals Story Friday 9 October, 2015 St Francis Hall, Gorbals.
Southside Film Festival: The Gorbals Story Friday 9 October, 2015
St Francis Hall, Gorbals.
405 Cumberland Street, G5 0SE Glasgow
Friday 9 October 8 p.m.
Tickets from wegotickets
Southside Film Festival Presents:
THE GORBALS STORY
(PG, 74 mins, 1950)
St Francis Community Centre, Gorbals
Gorbals, 9th Oct
Doors 7.30pm/film 8pm
£8 full price/£6 concession
Adapted from the phenomenally successful 1946 play, written by Robert McLeish and staged by Glasgow’s Unity Theatre, this film is a naturalistic portrait of a working-class Glasgow community. A successful artist Wullie Mutrie, played by Howard Connell, recalls his life in the tenements of the Gorbals slums in flashbacks. Screening in a 1861 A-listed building and former church we believe this is the first time the film has screened in the Gorbals since its release in 1950.
This section: Cinema, Southside Film Festival
2 responses to “Southside Film Festival: The Gorbals Story Friday 9 October, 2015 St Francis Hall, Gorbals.”
- World of International Film Festival 2020
- Rocks at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Havana Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- GYFF Miss Junetenth GFT
- GYFF: Back to the Future
- Nocturnal GFT
- Raman Mondair – Choreographies of Dance
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020
- BFI London Film Festival 2020 at GFT
- September Programme at G.FT.
- The Lady in the Portrait GFT
- Make Up, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Film Theatre – Re-opening Programme
- “Trainspotting The Italian Chapter” madness or success beyond the borders
- White Riot, Govanhill International Festival
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Take One Action 2020
- Edinburgh Festivals Past 1954 – 1969
- Glasgow Short Film Festival Online