Sonnet Youth Social Club
Thursday 14 May, 2020 at 8.05 p.m. (fortnightly event)
Every second Thursday at 8:05pm after the clap for the NHS. Sonnet Youth Social Club brings together some of their favourite artists to create that unique SY vibe and stream incredible performances direct to your homes.
Supporting artists and a different charity every show, pay what you feel at paypal.me/sonnetyouth
May 14th LINE-UP
Matt Abbott Poet– poet, educator and activist from Wakefield. Founder of spoken word record label Nymphs & Thugs and frontman of Skint & Demoralised. Matt writes about social and political issues, human struggle and working-class culture.
Kirstin Innes is a brilliant novelist; her first book, Fishnet, won the Guardian’s Not the Booker Prize in 2015; her second novel, Scabby Queen, will be published by 4th Estate later this year (more info at kirstininnes.com)
Rosco McClelland Comedy – comedian, writer, video maker and twitch affiliate. Winner of Scottish Comedian Of The Year 2016, and a finalist the following year, Rosco can currently be seen on BBC Scotland’s Up For It.
Anna Secret Poet– a lone crazed guitar-wielding, genre-defying anomaly. She’s been welcomed at cabarets, comedy nights, drag shows, poetry/spoken word events and grassroots rock gigs alike since 2016. Her new album entitled ‘No Brainer’ is out now on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, Deezer etc (and by mail order).
- Scottish Writers Creative Conversation Showcase
- Smokehead Sessions: Dave Arcari – full concert livestream
- Researching Scotland’s Mountain Women: National Library of Scotland
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Blues ‘n’ Twos with Dave Arcari
- Sonnet Youth Social Club #2
- Glasgow West End Restaurants – Eat Out to Help Out
- Book Launch: New Shoots Old Roots (2)
- Duglus T Stewart – Dreaded Light Composer
- SEE YOU IN 10 YEARS WRITING COMPETITION for Teenagers
- Glasgow Walk: Maryhill, The Venice of the North by Ian R. Mitchell
- Mary Irvine: What Did You Do In Lockdown 2020?
- “Monsters, Process and Mayhem” T.L. Huchu in conversation with Chikodili Emelumadu
- Dumbarton to Balloch along the River Leven
- Alice – Watch Online GFT
- The Traitor Glasgow Film Theatre Online
- Govan’s Glories: Central Govan Walk Ian R. Mitchell
- Mother India Cafe & Open for Bookings plus Takeaway and Uber Eats
- Payback Claire MacLeary
- Her Century – National Library of Scotland