Sonnet Youth Social Club
Thursday 14 May, 2020 at 8.05 p.m. (fortnightly event)
Every second Thursday at 8:05pm after the clap for the NHS. Sonnet Youth Social Club brings together some of their favourite artists to create that unique SY vibe and stream incredible performances direct to your homes.
Supporting artists and a different charity every show, pay what you feel at paypal.me/sonnetyouth
May 14th LINE-UP
Matt Abbott Poet– poet, educator and activist from Wakefield. Founder of spoken word record label Nymphs & Thugs and frontman of Skint & Demoralised. Matt writes about social and political issues, human struggle and working-class culture.
Kirstin Innes is a brilliant novelist; her first book, Fishnet, won the Guardian’s Not the Booker Prize in 2015; her second novel, Scabby Queen, will be published by 4th Estate later this year (more info at kirstininnes.com)
Rosco McClelland Comedy – comedian, writer, video maker and twitch affiliate. Winner of Scottish Comedian Of The Year 2016, and a finalist the following year, Rosco can currently be seen on BBC Scotland’s Up For It.
Anna Secret Poet– a lone crazed guitar-wielding, genre-defying anomaly. She’s been welcomed at cabarets, comedy nights, drag shows, poetry/spoken word events and grassroots rock gigs alike since 2016. Her new album entitled ‘No Brainer’ is out now on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, Deezer etc (and by mail order).
- Beginners Bird I.D.
- Wellbeing for Artists Working in Older People’s Care
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Aye Write Programme 2021
- Rams at home with Glasgow Film Theatre
- Glasgow Trade Union May Day 2021
- Joan Eardley Centenary – Writers Celebrate her work
- Woodlands Anti Racist Community Library Launch
- Africa in Motion – Notions of Citizenship
- Scottish Communities Climate Action Network Online Meetup
- Maryhill Matters May Day Matters
- The Joan Eardley Centenary Celebration
- Linda Jackson, The Cabinet launch of poetry collection
- Femspectives Film Festival 2021 announces full programme
- Sounds in the Suburbs – One Whole Year of Refuweegee Shows
- Lizzie Reid at Stirling Tolbooth Shindig Online
- Book Launch: America Mules poetry collection by Martina Evans
- University of Glasgow; Full Day Symposium celebrating Creative Writing
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: ‘To whom it may concern –’
- Beyond the Visible: Hilma af Klint – GFT AT Home