Sonnet Youth Social Club
Thursday 14 May, 2020 at 8.05 p.m. (fortnightly event)
Every second Thursday at 8:05pm after the clap for the NHS. Sonnet Youth Social Club brings together some of their favourite artists to create that unique SY vibe and stream incredible performances direct to your homes.
Supporting artists and a different charity every show, pay what you feel at paypal.me/sonnetyouth
May 14th LINE-UP
Matt Abbott Poet– poet, educator and activist from Wakefield. Founder of spoken word record label Nymphs & Thugs and frontman of Skint & Demoralised. Matt writes about social and political issues, human struggle and working-class culture.
Kirstin Innes is a brilliant novelist; her first book, Fishnet, won the Guardian’s Not the Booker Prize in 2015; her second novel, Scabby Queen, will be published by 4th Estate later this year (more info at kirstininnes.com)
Rosco McClelland Comedy – comedian, writer, video maker and twitch affiliate. Winner of Scottish Comedian Of The Year 2016, and a finalist the following year, Rosco can currently be seen on BBC Scotland’s Up For It.
Anna Secret Poet– a lone crazed guitar-wielding, genre-defying anomaly. She’s been welcomed at cabarets, comedy nights, drag shows, poetry/spoken word events and grassroots rock gigs alike since 2016. Her new album entitled ‘No Brainer’ is out now on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, Deezer etc (and by mail order).
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Corona Virus Stew – poem by Leela Soma
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Woodlands Community – Wildlife Friendly Front Gardens
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Great Styles from Around the Globe at Jasmine Boutique – Gallery
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- Kothel Crow Road – boxes of daily selected fruit and veg
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Cottiers: At Home Bottle Shop and Takeaway
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Cake At Number 8: Cupcakes Against Covid
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi
- Aye Write – Big Book Weekend Virtual Festival
- Woodlands Community Neighbourhood Food Service