Sonnet Youth Social Club
Thursday 14 May, 2020 at 8.05 p.m. (fortnightly event)
Every second Thursday at 8:05pm after the clap for the NHS. Sonnet Youth Social Club brings together some of their favourite artists to create that unique SY vibe and stream incredible performances direct to your homes.
Supporting artists and a different charity every show, pay what you feel at paypal.me/sonnetyouth
May 14th LINE-UP
Matt Abbott Poet– poet, educator and activist from Wakefield. Founder of spoken word record label Nymphs & Thugs and frontman of Skint & Demoralised. Matt writes about social and political issues, human struggle and working-class culture.
Kirstin Innes is a brilliant novelist; her first book, Fishnet, won the Guardian’s Not the Booker Prize in 2015; her second novel, Scabby Queen, will be published by 4th Estate later this year (more info at kirstininnes.com)
Rosco McClelland Comedy – comedian, writer, video maker and twitch affiliate. Winner of Scottish Comedian Of The Year 2016, and a finalist the following year, Rosco can currently be seen on BBC Scotland’s Up For It.
Anna Secret Poet– a lone crazed guitar-wielding, genre-defying anomaly. She’s been welcomed at cabarets, comedy nights, drag shows, poetry/spoken word events and grassroots rock gigs alike since 2016. Her new album entitled ‘No Brainer’ is out now on Spotify, iTunes, Amazon, Deezer etc (and by mail order).
- The Sorries at Cottiers
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Govan Stones Music Festival
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Riverside Festival 2021
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- Local Food at COP26 – Open Meeting
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- The Carlton Jug Band and The Rulers of The Root
- It’s Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Women’s Work, Nature and the Colonies – Climate Change Screenings
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel